If you're a student and looking for ways to make money, you're in luck. There are a number of online jobs that are perfect for students.
In this post, we'll list some of the best ones. So, whether you want to make some extra cash or just supplement your income, there are plenty of options here for you! Keep reading to learn more.
What can I do online as a student?
College students often have a lot of free time between classes, and online jobs can be a great way to fill that time. There are a variety of online jobs available, from tutoring and online customer service to content writing and data entry.
While some online jobs may require some experience or specific skills, there are many entry-level positions that are perfect for college students. In addition, online jobs offer a flexible schedule that can be tailored to fit around class time and other commitments.
So if you're looking for a way to make some extra money, consider applying for an online job. With a little effort, you can find the perfect online job to help you pay for tuition, books, and other expenses.
Best Online Jobs For Students
1. Online Jobs For Virtual Recruiters
A virtual recruiter earns a commission by finding an employee or freelancer to fill a job opening. Job duties might include posting jobs, reviewing resumes, and possibly interviewing potential candidates.
You probably won’t be paid an hourly rate but commissions could be as high as several thousand dollars for each successful candidate you recruit.
- Relode is looking for virtual recruiters in the healthcare field. The commission for the average referral is $3,500.
- Indeed is a good place to look for entry-level recruiter positions.
Average Pay: Up To $3500
2. Online Social Media Manager
Social media managers are responsible for posting media to a brand’s social channels. They also interact with followers; manage social media partnerships; and create shareable videos and images.
Enjoy a flexible schedule while making money managing a company’s social media accounts.
- 99Social frequently has openings for people who enjoy writing, research, and social media. If you enjoy finding and sharing content online this might be the job for you.
- Indeed lists over 20,000 openings at the time of this writing.
Average Pay: $51,000 to $71,000 per year
3. Online Tutor
Tutoring online is a great job that allows you to work online from home and get paid as long as you have a computer and internet access. Most of the time, you can pick the hours that you want to work.
- Wyzant requires you to be at least 18 years old to become a tutor. No experience is required and it’s easy to get started.
- Tutor does not require any previous experience, but some positions require you to be at least a sophomore in college. You can earn between $9 and $13 with possible incentives.
Average Pay: $20,000 to $50,000 per year
4. Data Entry Job
Online data entry is a popular job for students because it requires little to no experience and can be done in your spare time. Data entry jobs involve typing information into a computer system from either paper documents or other sources.
- AccuTran Global offers data entry positions that are project-based so you can work as much or as little as you want.
- Clickworker is one place you can find freelance data entry work.
Average Pay: $9 to $16 per hour
5. Online Search Engine Evaluator
Expect to earn between $12 and $15 an hour to clean up search engines. Search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing are riddled with errors. People have to look at search results and evaluate the quality and accuracy.
- Appen hires independent agents who are motivated and internet savvy.
Average Pay: $17 per hour
6. Online Affiliate Marketing Jobs
You can make money online through affiliate marketing simply by pointing people toward stuff you genuinely think they’ll want or need. Introduce people to new resources or helpful tips they may not have heard of before.
- Rakuten pays you $25 for each friend you successfully refer, and your friend gets $10 for signing up. Just tell your friends that they can get cash back for shopping. It’s free to sign up and there are no hidden costs. I earn money every month from Ebates – $535 so far!
- Swagbucks pays you 300 Swagbucks, which is the equivalent of $3, for each referral. But the best part is that you earn 10% of your referrals earnings for life! Don’t worry, you won’t be taking any money away from your friends, they’ll get their full amount and you’ll get 10% of that amount.
- If you have a blog or social media following you’ll find a list of 21 sites that pay you through affiliate marketing or sponsored posts here.
Average Pay: Pay Varies
7. Freelance Writer
Did you know that you can get paid to write articles at home? Being a freelance writer doesn’t require you to invest any money in fees or buy special equipment to get started. All that is required is to find a website that will pay for your freelance writing skills.
- Here is a list of 101 websites that pay you to write about almost anything.
- Here’s how to find freelance writing jobs.
Average Pay: $30.39 per hour
8. Best Online Jobs For Freelancers
Earn money online with your unique skills on freelance marketplace sites like Fiverr. List the skill or service that you provide, or choose from a list of requested services. Earn a minimum of $5 for performing a simple task online.
- Fiverr provides freelance services on demand.
- TaskRabbit is an online marketplace that matches freelancers with jobs in cleaning, moving, delivery, and handyman work.
- Amazon Turk pays you to complete tasks such as identifying objects in a photo or video, performing data duplication, transcribing audio recordings, and researching data details.
Average Pay: $20 per hour
9. Virtual Assistant
According to Forbes, work-from-home jobs were the fourth most popular job search term this year. One specific type of work-from-home position, virtual assistant, is in high demand. Virtual assistants do things like customer service, accounting, and marketing. The average pay is around $15 per hour depending on the service provided.
- FlexJobs lists several virtual assistant jobs that pay between $17 and $20 per hour.
- Virtual Gal Friday requires you to have administrative skills and the pay is between $12 and $14 per hour.
Average Pay: $21.77 per hour
10. Online Transcription Jobs
The average pay for an online transcription job is between $15 and $25 per hour. Most jobs offer flexible hours and don’t require previous experience. You will probably need a high-quality foot pedal for controlling audio playback and transcription software for this online job.
- Rev is a good place for beginners to start out. Take a test online and they will notify you within 48 hours if you got the job. The average pay is $245 per month.
- Tigerfish requires you to take an online transcription test to get started.
Average Pay: $18.84 per hour
11. Write Product Reviews Online
Did you know that there are companies, like Amazon, that give out free products to test? I know that getting free products isn’t the same as getting paid, but if you get enough free products it would keep you from having to spend the money that you have. Some sites do pay cash for reviews but most offer products.
- Slice The Pie pays you for every review you leave. The largest paid review site on the internet is Slicethepie. Leave feedback on music tracks, clothing, and more.
Average Pay: low pay
12. Test Websites
Testing websites is an easy way for college students with no experience to earn some extra money. All you have to do is navigate a website and check its functionality. You can expect to earn around $10 per test.
- Trymyui pays you to use websites and give your honest opinion.
Average Pay: $10 per test
13. Sell Digital Products Online
Create an informational product such as an ebook, calendar, workbook, or a course, that you can sell online or at school. You could also sell pictures that you take with your phone or digital camera. There are many different platforms now that allow you to sell digital products with ease.
- Here’s a detailed guide to creating and selling your first ebook.
- This list of the 9 best places to sell your photos can help you earn money from home.
Average Pay: Varies
14. Make Money Online With A YouTube Channel
Have you ever wondered ‘how much do YouTubers make per view’? You might be surprised to learn that you can earn $3-10 for 1,000 views of your videos. If you enjoy being creative and making videos then you might be able to make enough money to get you through school.
- Here’s how to make money on YouTube with affiliate marketing.
Average Pay: $52,806 per year
15. Make Money With Apps And Online Surveys
If you don’t have time to commit to a job and you just want to make a few dollars in your spare time, then your smartphone can help. You can download apps that pay you money for things like taking surveys, shopping, taking pictures, playing games, or viewing ads.
Average Pay: low pay
Does it drive you crazy to see spelling mistakes in texts or emails? Would you rather stay home and read a book instead of going out with friends? If so, then you’re probably a grammar geek that would accel as an online proofreader.
- Elite Editing is always on the lookout for new talent. If you’re looking for consistent work with a supportive team then Elite Editing might be the place for you.
Average Pay: $25.14 per hour
17. Search Engine Optimization Specialist
If you understand how SEO works and you know how to help businesses rank higher in search engines, then you could make a lot of money working as an SEO specialist. You can find jobs on sites like Upwork, Fiverr, or Facebook blogging groups.
If you want to learn more about SEO or just brush up on your skills you can sign up for this SEO Bootcamp.
Average Pay: $70,662 per year
18. Social Media Marketing
There are companies that will pay you to help them with their social media accounts. This is a great way to make money online if you’re good at managing social media accounts and you’re familiar with the ins and outs of social media.
You can find jobs on sites like Upwork, or Fiverr.
Average Pay: $56,377 per year
19. Freelance Graphic Designer
Do you have a knack for designing images or graphics? If so, then you could make a lot of money working as a freelance graphic designer. You can find work on sites like Fiverr or Upwork. Also, you can contact businesses directly and offer your services.
Average Pay: $46,900 per year
20. Sell Your Clothes Online
Do you have a closet full of clothes that you never wear? If so, then you can make some money by selling your clothes online. There are a few different sites that allow you to sell your clothes, but the two most popular are Poshmark and thredUP.
Average Pay: Varies
21. Video Editor
If you have a knack for editing videos, then you could make a lot of money working as a video editor. You can find work on sites like Fiverr or Upwork. Also, you can find a lot of Facebook blogging groups that will allow you to post your services.
You can make around $75-$150 per hour as a video editor if you're good at it. If this is something you're interested in and want to learn more about, then check out this course on Udemy.
Average Pay: $20.35 per hour
Which online job is best for students?
College students have a lot on their plates. In addition to attending classes, you often have to juggle work, extracurricular activities, and social obligations. This can make it difficult to find time for a traditional job.
However, there are a number of online jobs that are perfect for college students. For example, online tutors can work flexible hours that fit their class schedules. Social media managers can often work from home or anywhere with an internet connection.
And online content writers can usually set their own schedules. So if you're a college student looking for a job, don't discount the online world. There are plenty of great options out there.
More Online Jobs For Students
I hope this list gave you some insight on how to find online jobs at home for students without the investment of any money. If you’re looking for more ideas to make money check out the list below:
- The Best Jobs From Home – Free And Without The Investment Of Money
- 12 Easy Ways To Earn Extra Money On The Side
- Amazon Is Hiring Work From Home Customer Service Associates
- Work From Home Opportunities At Fortune 500 Companies
- 150+ Legitimate Work At Home Jobs Available Now
- 22 High Paying Jobs For 18 Year Olds
If you found this content helpful be sure to follow our Work From Home Board on Pinterest, we add new online job ideas every week. Follow us on Facebook for even more money-making ideas.