The things you need to save money in the long-run
Top 15 Money-Saving Amazon Products
Shopping is such a double-edged sword, because there are things we need, and things we think we need. When we buy new products we always have to consider cost, and how much we really need an item. There are terrific products out there, but when you are on a Spending Fast or a Spending Diet, your priorities are always at odds with your desire to buy unnecessary things. These 47 items may seem like an indulgence but the money saving Amazon products on this list are totally guilt free on a Spending Diet.
Many products seem like a great deal when you see them on Amazon, although they probably aren't if you don't already have the money in your budget. However, these money-saving Amazon products are a great way to cut expenses on your commonly used items. These items are not for every reader, but many of them may help you actually save money. So what are you waiting for? Give these a look and then see what else you might be able to save on.
- One of the things that's helped me so much over the years this this not-glamourous at all funnel set. Nothing helps us get every last drop out of our bottles and products better.
- Wrap presents, make cards, decorate, do crafts, the possibilities are ended with the: Made in USA Brown Kraft Paper Jumbo Roll 17.75” x 1200” (100ft) Ideal for Gift Wrapping, Art, Craft, Postal, Packing, Shipping, Floor Covering, Dunnage, Parcel, Table Runner 100% Recycled Material
- Have some pitted-out stinky clothes? This stuff is a game-changer by completely removing the nasty: Rockin' Green Detergent
- No more chemicals with these reusable: SnugPad Wool Dryer Balls by 6-Pack, XL Size Premium Reusable Natural Fabric Softener
- Extend the life of your shoes with: Kiwi Mid Tan Shoe Polish 32g (1-1/8 Oz.)
- Feel less guilty about your plastic baggie usage by reusing them: LoveThisBagDryer! Sturdy, tall bag & bottle dryer – sits or hangs – comes as super-easy-to-assemble kit (DIY your own plastic baggie dryer)
- Maximize your hand soap with this: Foaming hand soap dispenser
- No matter the occasion you'll be set with these: 40 Blank Note Cards – Multi-Color Pack – Matching Color Envelopes Included
- The get-out-of-debt fast bible that everyone needs (nope, I'm not biased at all!;P): The Spender’s Guide to Debt-Free Living: How a Spending Fast Helped Me Get From Broke to Badass in Record Time
- Extend the life of your clothes AND save on your energy bill with this clothesline. We use ours inside the house. BESy Retractable Clothesline SUS304 Stainless Steel Clothes Dryer with Adjustable Stainless Steel Rope String Hotel Style Heavy Duty,9.2 Feet, Polished Chrome Finish, Round Style
- Avoid eating out with this Proctor Silex 33116Y Portable Oval Slow Cooker, 1.5-Quart they are also plentiful at the ol' thrift store
- The coffee I literally lived on during my Spending Fast: Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee, Medium Roast, 30.5 Ounce
- Turn any piece of wood into the furniture you need with super-versatile hairpin table (countertop or bench) legs
- Save money on coffee while at home and traveling. Just at coffee grounds and boiling water: Eligantè COFFEE DRIPPER STAINLESS STEEL w/ Free Cleaning Brush. Pour Over Coffee Large 4 Cups (Double Mesh)
- Plan your meals ahead of time to avoid impulse lunches out: [20 Pack] 32 Oz. 2 Compartment Food Containers Durable BPA Free Plastic Reusable Food Storage Container Microwave & Dishwasher Safe w/Airtight Lid For Portion Control & 21 Day Fix
Another 15 Money Saving Amazon Products
Because many of these items are energy-efficient, they can save you a bundle in long-term expenses. However, that is just one way in which the following products can help you save.
- No more buying one-time use batteries that always need to be replaced: AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48 Count) – Packaging May Vary
- Tenergy TN160 12-Bay AA/AAA NIMH/NICD LCD Smart Battery Charger
- Protect your investment: iPhone X Screen Protector, Maxboost (Clear, 3 Packs) iPhone X Tempered Glass Screen Protectors [3D Touch] 0.25mm Screen Protector Glass for Apple iPhone X 2017 work with most case 99% Touch Accurate
- Helpful for quick breakfasts! Microwave Egg Maker, a Healthy Breakfast Cooking Utensil by Chef Buddy- Kitchen Essentials, So Easy to Make- Holds Up to Two Eggs and Cooks in 45 Seconds
- I've tried every single kind of dry shampoo along with some expensive brands and I prefer this stuff: Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo, Volume & Fullness 5 oz (Pack of 3)
- Save on your energy bill with LED bulbs
- Obviously getting your identity stolen can cost you a ton of money and greatly impact your credit score: Identity theft stamp roller
- We now save over $1,800 A YEAR by cutting cable and using a (refurbished) Roku! That's INSANE, right!? (Here's more info about how we are saving over 1,800 a year on our TV expenses.
- Save money on your cooling bill with a simple oscillating fan
- No more bottled water! Use this instead: Brita 10 cup pitcher
- And the off-brand Brita Refill replacement filters
- Keep what you own looking good and you won't be (as) tempted to buy replacements! Sterling silver jewelry cloth
- These are great for adding glam on a budget: Ardell Multipack Demi Wispies Fake Eyelashes
- Get an HP Printer that is Instant Ink compatible
- Then sign-up for the HP Instant Ink and you'll never have to think or worry about printer ink again. We've loved it! (You can get a month of free ink by clicking here.)
Money Saving Amazon Products
These next few will save you money because you won't need to buy soda ever again. Although some of these items are not essentials, they will likely help you cut the cost on your discretionary spending. Therefore they will help your budget in the long-run.
- Get a SodaStream then hack it to avoid the expensive carbonation cartridges! Get this:
- CO2 SodaStream/Soda Club To External CGA320 Tank Direct Adapter And Hose Kit (72″ Blue Hose) and then this:
- 5lb co2 Tank- New Aluminum Cylinder with CGA320 Valve
- Avoid the pricey Keurig-brand coffee pods and instead buy these: Reusable Gold Plated Mesh Coffee Filters and fill them with your fave grocery-store coffee. Everyone always ask, yes, they actually work!
- When you're well-rested you're able to stick to your money goals better: sleep mask
- Amazing face Sunscreen that doesn't feel like sunscreen at all! (My husband and son love it too!)
- No more expensive salon eyebrow tinting! This eyebrow tint kit let's you DIY it!
- No more going to the salon just to get a pedicure so your heels aren’t scratchy and dry! Use this electric callus remover instead!
- Save money on period supplies because of this reusable menstrual cup.
- No more over-the-weight limit fees on your suitcase, because this digital luggage scale is the answer.
About Cloth Diapers
Although cloth diapers are not for everyone, there is no denying they save a ton of money vs. disposable diapers.
- We used and LOVE these ones: BumGenius Freetime All in One Cloth (AIO) Diaper – Snap – Mirror – One Size And they held us so well I was then able to re-sell them on eBay to make back a good chunk of the initial expense!
- We lined the diapers with these: GroVia BioLiners Unscented Diaper Liners to keep the stains away.
Make Cold Brew or Iced Coffee
- This helps make by life easier when I make my cold brew coffee at home: Cambro 4SFSCW135 CamSquare Square Food Storage Container (4-Quart, Polycarbonate, NSF)
- Regency Natural Ultra Fine 100% Cotton Cheesecloth 9 sq.ft
Make Your Own Detergent
Because it is usually a good idea to DIY your home remedies and cleaners, I included the following helpful money-saving Amazon products that I use when I make my own laundry detergent at home! If you love home hacks and DIY solutions, then these items are for you!
- Borax 20 Mule Team Detergent Booster, 65 Oz.
- Washing soda Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
- Fels-Naptha Dial Corp. 04303 Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar Soap (Pack of 4)
- Cheese grater
Although this is not a huge category on Amazon for saving money, I like the advantages of this prepaid SIM card for my phone when we go to Europe rather than paying for international fees on my normal phone plan.
- PrePaid Europe (UK THREE) sim card 12GB data+3000 minutes+3000 texts for 30 days with FREE ROAMING / USE in 71 destinations including all European countries
Okay, so maybe that's a tad more than 47. However, I do have just two more money savers you have to consider. The next time you find yourself surfing the pages of Amazon, be sure to also look these
These are great ways to cut costs on normal
BONUS Money Saver #1: Hello Fresh Meal Kit Discount Hack: Get $40 off
BONUS Money Saver #2: $40 Airbnb credit
If you like this list, then share it with your friends. Because many of these items help cut back on discretionary spending or unnecessary purchases, I love getting the word out about them. Also, if any of these has helped you save money and improve your budget, then please share that as well.
P.s. Here are some related posts you would also like: 7 Money-Saving Items Everyone Should Own, 5 “Nice” Ways to Tell Your Spendy Friends You're On a Budget