When it comes to international pop culture, no other facet of foreign life has impacted the world quite as much as anime!
Otherwise known as Japanese animation, anime has spread all over the globe and become a worldwide phenomenon in the past 30 years. As of 2016, anime has accounted for over 60% of all animated television shows in the world. And it's no wonder, with all the unique stories, different characters, and diverse niches that anime offers.
Don't just think that anime is for pure entertainment either. There is no limit to what can be created in anime, and as such, anime has brought some of the most inspiring moments to life. This post will cover some of the best motivational anime quotes that have aired.
Motivational Anime Quotes
From Naruto to One Piece to Bleach, there are plenty of animes out there in which inspirational quotes have been said. In the following section, you'll find some quotes from just a few of them. Ready to motivate yourself with some anime quotes? Let's get right into it.
Motivating Quotes from Naruto
There is perhaps no other anime that has impacted the world quite like Naruto. First aired in 2002, the Naruto series is still technically going (albeit now just following his son Boruto). Don't let its silly premise about ninjas fool you though. Naruto is chock full of action, heart-wrenching moments, and really intense life lessons. As such, there are more than enough quotes to inspire you in every aspect of your life.
- “Power is not will, it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen.” – Madara Uchiha
- “When people are protecting something truly precious to them. They truly can become…as strong as they need to be!” – Haku
- “Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves.” – Naruto
- “If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead have the courage to change it the way you want it to be.” – Naruto
- “People who continue to put their lives on the line to defend their faith become heroes and continue to exist on in legend.” – Naruto
- “A real ninja is one who endures no matter what gets thrown at him … All you do need, is the guts to never give up.” – Jiraiya
- “Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace.” – Nagato
- “The true measure of a [person] is not how he lives, but how he dies.” – Jiraiya
- “If he tears off my arms, I'll just kick him dead. If he tears off my legs, I'll bite him dead… I'm going to beat Orochimaru and take my friend Sasuke back once and for all.” – Naruto
- “Those who break the rules are scum… but those who abandom their friends are worse than scum.” – Kakashi
The Best Quotes and Sayings from Bleach
One of the original “big 3” of shonen, Bleach is the story of Ichigo, a boy who discovers he can see ghosts and dedicates his life to becoming a soul reaper, someone who protects the innocent and helps spirits find peace. With plenty of unique and diverse characters, Bleach is an anime where you're sure to find lots of inspirational sayings and words of wisdom.
- “It's meaningless to just live, and it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win.” – Ichigo
- “Don't just accept loss or defeat! Accept it after you're dead. If you lose without dying, it means that luck is on your side.” – Kenpachi
- “When people constantly show their affection for you, you start taking it for granted. If you don’t realize how much they care for you until they’re gone, you’ll only be left with regret and remorse.” – Orihime
- “Change is inevitable. Instead of resisting it, you're better served just going with the flow.” – Shunsui
- “Become strong not just for your own sake, but for your friends.” – Ichigo
- “No matter how strong a defense, a stronger offense will always shatter it.” Byakuya
- “Even if no one believes in you, stick out your best and scream your defiance!” – Rukia
- “I'm not fighting because I want to win, I'm fighting because I have to win.” – Ichigo
- “Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory.” – Byakuya
- “The difference in ability… What about it? Do you think I should give up just because you’re stronger than me?” – Ichigo
- “If you give me wings, I will soar for you even if this whole land sinks down to the water. If you give me a sword, I will fight for you even if this whole sky shoots through with your light.” – Ichigo
Encouraging Quotes and Leadership Quotes from One Piece
One Piece is all about a boy named Monkey D. Luffy trying to find a treasure (One Piece) and become Pirate King. Along the way, he encounters various characters who end up joining him and becoming part of his crew. Though the plot starts out pretty straightforward, it quickly evolves into something massive which will have you on the edge of your seats laughing, crying, and feeling along with Luffy and his gang of pirates! Because of how long and developed the series is, you're sure to find quotes about happiness, love, determination, courage, and more! Here are just some of them.
- “Destiny. Fate. Dreams. These unstoppable ideas are held deep in the heart of man. As long as there are people who seek freedom in this life, these things shall not vanish from the Earth.” – Gold
- “Don’t start a fight if you can’t end it.” – Sanji
- “Power isn’t determined by your size, but the size of your heart and dreams!” – Luffy
- “You need to accept the fact that you’re not the best and have all the will to strive to be better than anyone you face.” – Zoro
- “It may be hard right now… But you must silence those thoughts! Stop counting only those things that you have lost! What is gone, is gone!” – Jinbei
- “When the world shoves you around, you just gotta stand up and shove back. It’s not like somebody’s gonna save you if you start babbling excuses.” – Zoro
- “The weak don’t get to decide anything, not even how they die.” – Trafalgar
- “It's not some sort of special power. He has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas.” – Dracule
- “It’s okay to lose your way… just don’t lose sight of what you have decided.” – Zoro
- “Destiny… fate… dreams… These unstoppable ideals are held deep in the heart of man. As long as there are people who seek freedom in this life, these things will not vanish from the earth.” – Gol
- “I'll die smiling! Because if you ever think of me in the future, I want you to remember me smiling.” – Donquixote
Hunter x Hunter
Hunter x Hunter (pronounced “Hunter Hunter”) follows the story of Gon Freecs, a twelve-year-old boy determined to become a “hunter” and find his long-lost father. Along the way he meets a vengeful Kurapika, ex-assassin Killua, and doctor-in-training Leorio. Together they tackle the hunter exam, known for its high probability of death and discover what the true meaning of being a hunter is. Hunter x Hunter will teach you to be strong, how to deal with adversity, and to always believe in yourself. Here are some of the best motivational quotes from the anime.
- “If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them angry.” – Gon
- “If I ignore a friend I have the ability to help, wouldn't I just be betraying him?” – Killua
- “An apology is a promise to do things differently next time, and to keep the promise.” – Ging
- “Human potential for evolution is limitless.” – Isaac
- “In the hands of an incompetent, power brings nothing but ruin.” – Mereum
- “You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find things more important than what you want.” – Ging
- “I do not fear death. I fear only that my rage will fade over time.” – Kurapika
- “Who wants to have their life planned out for them?” – Killua
- “Qualification isn’t something we have to talk about. The ones who are not okay with their success can go through training until they are.” – Gon
- “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I’ll feel I did the best I could.” – Koala
- “We are not desperate for help, we only seek the strong.” – Isaac
- “You believe I cannot pray with a single arm? A prayer comes from the heart. If the heart achieves the correct form, it becomes emotions and emotions can be manifested.” – Isaac
- “The only principle is that there is no principles.” – Kurapika
Great Quotes from Dragon Ball Z
You know it, you love it: Dragon Ball Z follows the story of Goku, who along with the Z warriors, defend the earth from evil and extra-terrestrial threats. Action-packed and full of adventures for days, Dragon Ball Z also teaches the virtues of gratitude, greatness, perseverance, and kindness. Here are some of the most inspirational quotes from Dragon Ball Z.
- “I do not fear this new challenge, rather like a true warrior I will rise to meet it.” – Vegeta
- “Sometimes, we have to look beyond what we want and do what’s best.” – Piccolo
- “Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need.” – Goku
- “Even the mightiest warriors experience fears. What makes them a true warrior is the courage that they posses to overcome their fears.” – Vegeta
- “I would rather be a brainless monkey than a heartless monster.” – Goku
- “Even if evil makes you lose your way, you stay your ground and keep searching for the path of good. Is that search now what justice is? It is for that reason that gods gave mortals knowledge.” – Gowasu
- “You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there’s one thing a Saiyan always keeps. His pride!” – Vegeta
- “Gohan, you showed me that power is nothing without being guided by love.” – Piccolo
Quotes About Strength from Attack on Titan
When it comes to inspirational anime quotes, there isn't an anime that does it quite like Attack on Titan. Set in a world where huge titans threaten humanity, Attack on Titan is a story that will make you question what it means to become a great person, teach you not to take things for granted, and show you what protecting someone means. Underlying it all is a theme of strength, which makes it a great source to pick out some of the most inspiring anime quotes to have ever aired.
- “I won’t give up. I’ll never give up again. So I’ll win, no matter what! I’ll survive no matter what.” – Mikasa
- “People who can’t throw something important away, can never hope to change anything.” – Armin
- “Even in moments of the deepest despair… I guess we can still find hope, huh?” – Hange
- “No matter how messed up things get, you can always figure out the best solution.” – Eren
- “If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.” – Eren
- “Believe in your own power.” – Mikasa
- “I want to see and understand the world outside. I don’t want to die inside these walls without knowing what’s out there.” – Eren
- “If you think reality is just living comfortably and following your own whims, can you seriously dare to call yourself a soldier?” – Eren
- “Willpower alone isn’t enough in battle.” – Armin
- “The strong feed upon the weak. It’s such an obligingly simple rule. Except in this world, my friends tried to be strong.” – Armin
- “I too used to believe that the world would be a better place if I hadn’t been born. I was hated merely for the fact that I existed, and I died for the happiness of many people. But there was one thing I wished for with all my heart… If I’m ever given a second chance in life, I want to live for only myself. That is my sincere wish.” – Ymir
Last but not least on the motivational anime quotes list is a relatively new release: Jujutsu Kaisen! The story follows high school student Yuji as he joins a group of Jujutsu sorcerers in order to kill a powerful curse: Ryomen Sukuna. Filled with action, magic, and heart-wrenching moments, Jujutsu Kaisen is full of inspirational anime quotes. Here are some of the most famous anime quotes from Jujutsu Kaisen!
- “You should use your strength to help others.” – Yuji's grandfather
- “I don't know how I'll feel when I'm dead, but I don't want to regret the way I lived.” – Yuji
- “It's not about whether I can. I have to do it.” – Megumi
- “I want more good people to enjoy fairness, even if only a few.” – Megumi
- “You can't let yourself get trapped in an ideal of indifference.” – Mahito
- “What makes us obligated to meet such perfection or such absurd standards?” – Nobara
- “I don't give a d*** about ‘men' this and ‘women' that.” – Nobara
- “Education is making people realize things.” – Masamichi
- “It'll be fine. I'm the strongest there is, after all.” – Gojo
- “Just help them. Just do it. So that when you die, you won't die alone.” – Yuji's grandfather
Whether it's finding something worth fighting for or dealing with the moments when someone else wins or making sure you don't waste time worrying about things you can't control, anime teaches lessons that impact us all.
This post has covered some of the best anime quotes ever aired (from 7 of the best animes out there). And if by some off chance you're still not motivated by some of the most inspirational quotes ever seen, then nothing will do the trick!