Are you looking for the best travel trailer brands? If you are, look no further because we’ve got you covered in this piece.
If you love adventure and road trips then one your companion has to be a travel trailer or RV (Recreational Vehicle).
Owning one of these will certainly make your camping experience worthwhile. Travel trailers are by far the most recreational vehicles on the market and there are many brands which manufacture hundreds of different trailers every year.
This list of the 12 best travel trailer brands gives you an in-depth insight into the best trailer brands, their pecs, examples, pros and cons.
It will also give you an idea and guide should you be currently looking to buy a travel trailer or even maybe just getting to know more about them.
Airstream is a fantastic brand which has been evolving for the past 70+ years. The manufacturer has always looked to reduce the weight of their trailers making them desirably light.
Their frame is made of aluminum, which some people consider a signature style and it is aerodynamic and of high quality.
Airstream has improved its trailer systems and the latest trailers have been built with three modes to ease their operation by their owners.
These modes are the living mode, driving mode and the all new mover mode.
The living mode allows you to live and work in the trailer full time while enjoying its comfort.
The driving mode incorporates a sensor installed at the front of the trailer and an electronic stability control system in its wheels.
- Top 10 Cheapest Places to Vacation This Year
- Top 15 Ways On How To Travel For Free
- Dubai Porta Potty – Instagram Models Exposed
- How to Travel Dubai on a Budget Of Only $495 – Enjoy Luxury Cheap
- The Ultimate Vacation Packing List
These help to keep the tow vehicle and trailer moving in maximum harmony while on the road giving you more reach. Third and last is the new mover mode.
Backing up a trailer can be very frustrating and intimidating even for pros but with this system, backing up a trailer has become easier than ever.
With the remote control capability, all that has been eliminated. With just one finger, you can now safely drive the trailer into or out of any tight spot, camp ground, gas station or storage point all with its new remote control system.
Its trailers are very reliable and sustainable for travel.
One other lovely feature to point out is the airstream’s solar generation capacity which is amazing for recharging the power batteries of the trailer.
Airstream is a high-end product and its top quality is not questionable for sure.
- Airstream gives its customers a one year warrantee whenever they purchase a trailer directly from their factory
- Products are of high quality and retain their value for a long time.
- Quality of its trailers is different. You will have to pay more for a better quality and added accessories if they are what you desire
- High end means airstream trailers are quite pricey/expensive
- You have to wait long if you are buying a new trailer or even longer for the special edition trailers from Airstream.
- Many airstream trailers don’t have big enough batteries
Airstream Trailer Examples
Airstream offers a total of eight models of travel trailers all ranging from $43,900 to $179,000
- Airstream classic
- Airstream Globetrotter
- Airstream eSTREAM
- Airstream International Serenity
- Airstream flying cloud
- Airstream Bambi
- Airstream Basecamp
- Airstream Nest
2. Grand Design
Known mostly for its awesome fifth-wheel, grand design is a trailer brand which started not so long ago but is establishing itself in the trailer industry by building superior products like awesome trailers.
This manufacturer puts a lot of extra effort into the design of the actual interior of the trailer using typically slightly better products on the inside all of which is not common among trailer manufacturers. Many people are falling in love with Grand Design products and rightly so because these products appear among the top ten in almost every category they build in. additionally, grand design trailers are very reliable and stable on the road.
They are equipped with systems to help you brake easily on slopes and generally control them much easily.
Their frames are also made quite strong to keep them from breaking as a result of the high speeds.
This altogether reduces maintenance costs as well.
Generally, Grand Design manufactures very many trailers each year and they are one of the best because they don’t skimp on quality and reliability.
- Makes very high quality trailers which give you value for your money
- Awesome craftsmanship with sturdy floors, excellent insulation and well-designed cabins to say the least
- Come with an auto-leveling system
- Grand design has a large community if customers
- Lots of interior and exterior storage for all your stuff
- Some of the skirting will require continuous gluing
- The friction style windows break quite easily sometimes
- Some trailers may have issues with leaks which, even though covered by warrantee, could be very annoying
Examples of Grand Design Trailers
Grand design offers five different travel trailers, including toy hauler travel trailers.
New trailers range from $30,000 to $160,000 directly from the manufacturer or from a dealership.
- Grand Design Transcend Xplor
- Grand design Imagine XLS
- Grand Design Reflection
- Grand Design Solitude
- Grand Design Momentum
Winnebago travel trailers have a reputation for being one of the best construction and all-season options on the market today.
Rather than go with the usual aluminum exterior wall frame, Winnebago also makes its trailers with a fiberglass exterior wall finish which looks and feels super great, is easy to repair and is long lasting too. Additionally, the Winnebago trailers are made with a pretty light dry-weight.
This means that added to the good storage room, the capacity on them, especially the two-axle trailers, comes in handy if you are specifically looking for a trailer to live in for a long time.
Their wall insulation also cuts across all models and is pretty awesome when it comes to regulating interior temperatures.
They are equipped with a thick enough foam rigid insulation in the middle of the walls to minimize temperature changes due to exterior temperatures.
Their interior is also high quality with very good fit and finish on all hardware and accessories on the interior.
Regardless of their size, Winnebago trailers are constructed with light but very strong material which reduces their dry weight.
This will give you comfort when driving down hills and also allows you to use smaller SUVs and lighter trucks as tow vehicles.
- Low dry-weight
- High quality fits and finishes on the interior
- Good insulation within the walls for maximum temperature regulation
- Easy to maneuver
- They are fuel efficient
- Better models come at a high cost
- Battery power does not last very long due to small battery sizes
Examples of Winnebago Trailers
Winnebago offers four types of trailer models and six sub models in total. Brand new trailers range from $27,500 to $73,000 from a dealership.
- Winnebago Voyage
- Winnebago Minnie
- Winnebago Micro Minnie
- Winnebago Hike
4. Heartland RV
Heartland, a travel trailers manufacturer comes in third place among the largest retail fifth-wheel manufacturers in the world according to rankings over the past five years.
These trailers are constructed with special detail to comfort and durability. Heartland also ensures that its products are affordable and within their customers’ reach financially with various payment plans that are favorable too.
In addition, their trailers are perfectly weighted to give the owners an easy and great experience when driving through different terrains.
- Comes with a bicycle rack
- Comes with secret compartments/safes
- Offers great lighting inside the trailer
- Low dry-weight and can tow easily using an SUV or good truck.
- The roof and outer wall get damaged by rain quite easy with time
- Lipport steel frames which are not so reliable
Examples of Heartland RV Trailers
Heartland offers customers up to 11 different travel trailer model options to choose from which range from $24,000 to $75,000.
- Heartland Pioneer
- Heartland Mallard
- Heartland Sundance
- Heartland Trail Runner
- Heartland Prowler
- Heartland North trailer
- Big country
- Landmark 365
Keystone is another RV manufacturer with top quality products you cannot miss out on.
The keystone RV Company has a wide range of products they manufacture, right from travel trailers to fifth wheels and toy haulers.
The top quality of their products always ensures that their customers keep coming back and purchasing later models of their products every now and then.
They also offer over 200 floorplans all ranging from 21ft to 41ft in length which is awesome.
- Low dry-weight
- Easy to maneuver
- Fuel efficient
- Because Keystone makes mid to low range trailers, their material quality is quite low compared to other brands
- Leaks in the trailers is a really common problem
- Poor standard electronic wiring such as AC failure from time to time and faulty plugs and power outlets
- Customer service is sub-standard and could be quite frustrating too.
Examples of Keystone Trailers
Keystone offers its customers up to 7 different travel trailer models to choose from in order to meet their needs.
These range from $24,500 to $62,000 for a brand new camper from a dealership.
- Keystone Hideout
- Keystone Outback luxury
- Keystone Springdale
- Keystone Bullet
- Keystone Cougar half-ton
- Keystone Acardia
- Keystone Passport SL
KZ is another company which produces track campers, travel trailers, fifth wheels and top haulers to say the least.
It has been producing high quality towable RVs since 1972 when the company started.
Their reputation for build quality has been held up long as they keep manufacturing top quality finishes on their products.
As a result, the company has won quite an array of awards to show how impressed customers have been with its products.
- Large variety of models to choose from
- Comes with a two year warrantee on most models you purchase
- Classic interior finish which is really good
- Only some of the models come with the two year warrantee
- Not budget friendly and has a higher price than its competitors
Examples of KZ Trailers
KZ offers its wide range of customers up to 7 different models to choose from all ranging from slightly under $30,000 to more than $100,000 for a brand new camper.
- KZ Connect
- KZ Connect SE
- KZ Escape
- KZ Sportsmen
- KZ Sportsmen SE
- KZ Sportsmen Classic
- KZ Sportster
Jayco has a reputation for good, inspiring RV makes and designs. With its 50+ yearlong existence, Jayco Factory Direct has always given a whole new meaning to camping and living on the road.
They are very durable and always comfortable for living in as well. In addition, both the interior and exterior are made from high quality materials to guarantee an awesome experience for anyone who chooses to purchase any one of the Jayco brands available on the market.
- Good trailer room for living in
- Quite affordable compared to other rival brands
- Easy to clean and stylish counters
- Very comfortable bed, dinette and couch for comfortable living
- Marginal build quality and workmanship of the trailer
- Bad customer care when requiring repairs and warrantee processed which may be frustrating
Examples of Jayco Trailers
Jayco offers its customers up to 5 travel trailer models all ranging from $14,000 to $50,000.
- Jayco Hummingbird
- Jayco White Hawk
- Jayco Jay Flight Bungalow
- Jayco Eagle
8. Outdoors RV
Outdoors RV is a rather small RV manufacturer that makes both travel trailers and fifth wheels.
The company focuses on four season durable products with off-road capabilities as well as quality interior for customers’ satisfaction.
- Very good towability
- Very comfortable bed and large dinette
- Easy to get in and out of the trailer
- Slow response by Outdoors RV to have warranty work approved and completed
- No quality assurance system
- Poor frame quality that could rust after sitting in one place for a while
Examples of Outdoors RV Trailers
Outdoors RV offers its customers up to 6 different travel trailer models options to choose from all ranging from $30,000 and $70,000.
- Creekside travel trailer
- Timber Ridge travel trailer
- Blackstone travel trailer
- Backcountry Series travel trailer
- Glacier Peak fifth wheel
- Trail Series toy hauler
Lance travel trailers boast of high quality construction, both interior and exterior, and have various all-season options available for their customers on the market.
Lance’s four season trailers are exceptional and will allow you to camp all year round. Many of the recent trailers that lance has manufactured come with pretty awesome features to help you and ease your stay.
Some of these include safety step stairs which fold up and store outside of the camper to keep you from bringing dirt into the camper, keyless entry which allows you to get into the camper with the press of a button, magnets on each exterior storage compartment doors which holds them open as you access the compartments to say the least.
Lance travel campers also come with a huge load of space, both internal and external, for storage of supplies and equipment as well as all your camping stuff.
- Various external power outlets that you can use when outside the camper
- 4 season capable meaning you can camp all year round with this camper
- Very reliable
- Fantastic customer care service offered by Lance when purchasing a trailer
- Slow response by Lance to have warranty work approved and completed
- Limited floor plan options provided by Lance
Examples of Lance Trailers
Lance offers their customers up to 12 travel trailer models ranging from $40,000 to $78,000
- Lance Travel Trailer 1475
- Lance Travel Trailer 1575
- Lance Travel Trailer 1685
- Lance Travel Trailer 1985
- Lance Travel Trailer 1995
- Lance Travel Trailer 2075
- Lance Travel Trailer 2185
- Lance Travel Trailer 2285
- Lance Travel Trailer 2295
- Lance Travel Trailer 2375
- Lance Travel Trailer 2445
- Lance Travel Trailer 2465
Dutchmen RV Company started its production back in 1988 in Indiana, USA. It started gaining recognition in 1990 where it was among the top 3 largest manufacturers of fifth wheel and travel trailers.
Currently, Dutchmen is continuing to manufacture travel trailers in various categories including larger towables and toy haulers.
Many of its models vary in build quality, amenities and valuation in price.
It may not have the top notch reputation as some of its competitors on the market but Dutchmen does manufacture to quality trailers and isn’t too bad.
- Large community of Dutchmen RV owners who are active online too
- Various options at every price point
- Offer longer warranty than most rival RV manufactures on the market
- Couple of build quality issues yet to be fixed
- Quality is quite inconsistent across its various models
Examples of Dutchmen Trailers
Dutchmen offers its customers up to 9 different travel trailer models and 19 sub-models all of which range from between $21,000 and $154,000
- Aspen Trail
- Voltage Yukon
11. Forest River
Forest River was founded in 1998 and through expansion and purchasing other RV brands, it has grown to become one of the largest RV manufacturers in the world.
It produces a wide variety of recreational vehicles including motorhomes (Class A and C), travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, camping trailers and destination trailers.
Forest River isn’t really known for splendid quality (if you are not paying for a top-tier line) but they aren’t so bad either.
- Very affordable prices
- Large network of dealers
- Many models and floor plans to select from
- Some consistent build quality issues
- Average craftsmanship for their price point
Examples of Forest River Trailers
Forest River offers its customers a very wide selection of travel trailer models (up to 45) to choose from and quite a wide range of prices as well.
- No boundaries
Palomino is another top manufacturing company which produces top quality tent campers, truck campers, travel trailers, fifth wheel and everything in between.
Their wide variety of products ensures that customers will always find a product which fits their needs, while ensuring quality and satisfaction.
- Very easy to tow
- Great beginner camper for newbies
- Lots of interior storage space available
- Large external and basement storage available
- Leaks which can be frustrating
- Unhelpful customer service
- Poor craftsmanship
Examples of Palomino Trailers
Palomino offers its customers a variety of 5 travel trailers which range from $23,000 to $90,000.
- Real-lite mini
Conclusion: 13 Best Travel Trailer Brands
Finding the best trailer for you can be quite the work with all the research you have to do.
It is important though that you find out as much as you can about the trailer you plan to purchase to the detail.
This will help give you a proper understanding of the product and an assurance of its quality as well.
This list is meant to be a guide only and is based on multiple opinions from people who own these products.
All in all, we do hope that it helps you achieve your goal in the end. Chao!