If you're wondering how to DJ your own wedding with Spotify, read on. Using Spotify, you can create the same vibe as a professional DJ.
Spotify has over 100 million songs, so you can find many suitable tunes for your wedding day. You can use those songs to create your wedding day playlist.
Basic Steps To DJ Your Own Wedding With Spotify
- Ensure you have a proper sound system so everyone can hear the music. If you don't have your own, you can rent a good sound system cheaply.
- If you don't have a Spotify Premium, you should consider upgrading to a premium because the Spotify free version comes with many ads. You don't want ads interrupting your carefully selected music!
- Download the playlist you created ahead of time.
- Now, connect your device to the sound system.
- You should test the music system before the big day.
One good quality amplifier will be enough if the wedding guests will be in an area under 300 to 400 square feet. You likely can't provide a proper sound system if the event is organized throughout multiple areas.
How To Make a Wedding Playlist on Spotify
If you have already created a playlist before, this should be easy for you. However, if you're a new Spotify user, you can create a wedding playlist by following these steps:
1. Open your Spotify app and tap “Your Library.”
2. Here, you can see the plus icon from the top right of the screen. Click on it, and select playlist.
3. Enter your playlist name and tap the “create” option. Your playlist was successfully created.
4. Now, you need to add songs through the option “Add to this playlist.” Click the search option to find all the songs you want to play.
5. Click the plus icon after searching for the song's title. Repeat that process again and again.
If you mistakenly add any songs to your playlist, Spotify gives you the option to remove them.
How To Remove Songs From Your Wedding Playlist
If any songs were added mistakenly, you can remove them in just a few seconds. You need to follow two steps:
- Open your wedding playlist and tap the “three dots” beside the songs
- Now, click “Remove from this Playlist.”
If you're using a pre-built playlist, you just need to hide unwanted songs. For this, click on the same three dots beside the songs and tap “Hide Song.” After hiding songs, Spotify will skip those songs.
How To Find Pre-Made Wedding Playlists on Spotify
You don't need any technical knowledge to find wedding playlists on the Spotify app. Just follow a few easy steps to find amazing pre-created wedding playlists to choose from.
- Open the Spotify app and click the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In the search bar, type Wedding Playlist, and Spotify will suggest many. You can choose any of them and check the list of songs.
Scroll down to see many wedding playlists; you can hide unwanted songs after choosing any playlist.
The Spotify app has a huge variety of playlists to choose from, including dance playlists, country wedding playlists, hype wedding reception playlists, Disney wedding songs, wedding dinner background songs, and more. The app makes it easy to DJ your own wedding with Spotify.
Finding Classic Wedding Reception Songs on Spotify
If you choose to DJ your own wedding with Spotify, it's quite simple to find classic wedding reception songs on the app. Tap the search icon and type “Classic wedding reception songs.” After that, Spotify will show you multiple playlists with classic songs. Choose one that suits your tastes.
Finding Country Wedding Reception Songs on Spotify
It's very easy to find Country wedding reception songs on Spotify. Visit Spotify, tap the search icon, and type “Country wedding reception songs.” After that, Spotify will show you multiple playlists with country songs. Choose one you like!
Finding Dance Songs for the Wedding Reception
It's almost effortless to find dance songs on Spotify. Tap the search icon, and type “Dance songs.” After that, Spotify will show you multiple playlists with dance songs to choose from
Summary: How To DJ Your Own Wedding With Spotify
Do You Need a DJ for a Small Wedding if You Have Spotify?
For a small wedding, Spotify is enough to create a DJ vibe. You definitely don’t need to hire a DJ.
How Can I Make a Wedding Playlist on Spotify?
Open the Spotify app and tap your library from the bottom. Now tap the plus icon from the top right corner and select playlist. After entering the name of the playlist, select the create option. Now you just need to add songs and you'll be ready to go.
How can I ensure everything will run smoothly?
You should download all the preferred songs before using them and use the premium version of the app. Unwanted ads and notifications may disturb your playing time or vibe. Also, give your sound system a test run before the big day.