Several of the methods listed below will earn you hundreds of dollars in free money every year. Ready to learn how to get free cash now? Let's dive in!
Note: Offers mentioned were accurate at the time of publishing; however, all offers are subject to change.
Earn Credit Card Rewards
Credit card rewards are at the top of the list as this method works great and fits seamlessly with your current spending habits.
Earning free cash without investing a considerable amount of effort is a no-brainer. So how do credit card rewards work?
Many American credit cards offer cashback rewards, as a way to entice customers to apply for an account. Depending on the card, sign-up bonuses can range in the hundreds of dollars – that's a lot of free cash.
1. Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One offers 3% cash back on dining and entertainment and 1-2 percent cash back on other purchases with no annual fee
- When you open an account and spend $500 within the first 90 days, you'll receive a $200 cash bonus
- Other benefits include zero foreign transaction fees, instant purchase notifications, travel accident insurance, and 24-hour travel assistance services
2. Blue Cash Everyday® Card From American Express
- Receive a $200 statement credit when you spend at least $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first six months of membership
- Earn cashback on eligible purchases with no annual fee
Pro Tip: Many banks and credit card companies run promotional offers during the holiday season. Check with your financial institution to inquire about upcoming promotions.
Get Free Money for Playing Games
If you own a smartphone, you've probably played games to pass the time. But playing mobile games that will pay you real money is a new way to get free money in your spare time.
If you're an Android user, check out these legit mobile apps that will pay you to play games.
3. Money Well
This free app rewards you for trying and playing new games on your mobile device.
Download Money Well to your mobile device, allow the app the track your usage (so it knows how much to pay you), play, and earn tickets. Redeem your tickets for PayPal cash or free gift cards for your favorite retailers.
This real money app starts paying you from the minute you start playing. You can even play and communicate with friends using Mistplay's chat feature.
In addition, Mistplay launches fun new contests each week with epic prizes.
Mistplay is free to download and play; earn as many units as possible and redeem them for free gift cards.
Earn money with Freecash by playing games, testing apps and websites, and taking surveys – with the average user earning around $20.00 per day.
Freecash offers a variety of payment methods; you can withdraw your money via PayPal, crypto, or exchange for free gift cards.
Free Stock That's Worth Money
If you are into stock trading, you'll be happy to know that online brokerage apps will let you buy and sell stocks using your smartphone.
A pioneer of commission-free investing, the Robinhood app enables you to easily manage your stock portfolios from your smartphone. You can invest in stocks, funds, and options without paying commission fees.
You'll enjoy the same benefit when you buy and sell cryptocurrencies with Robinhood crypto.
When you join:
- Receive a free, random stock like Sprint, Ford, or Apple
- Before making any investment decision, you can get notified about important events like dividends, earnings, or splits, read relevant news articles, and access real-time market data
Acorns’ spare-change investing tool makes investing easy and will give you a $10 welcome bonus to help you get started.
Some of the pros and cons of Acorns include:
- Free management for college students
- Spare change is automatically invested
- Receive cashback from select retailers
- Provides educational materials
- Limited investment portfolio
- Fees are high on small account balances
Stash is another investment app that helps you invest with as little as $5. The Stash app unites banking, saving, investing, and learning into one seamless experience.
The app was developed to make the process of investing, especially for exchange-traded funds and stocks, quick and easy for beginners. You can choose from 150+ stocks or investment “themes.”
Select the best option for your interests, goals, and beliefs. Plans start at only $1 per month, and each plan offers a unique blend of financial accounts to help you realize your financial goals.
Webull is a modern investing app that can help you ease into investing. Receive a free stock valued up to $1600 when you deposit your first $100 into your account.
Enjoy zero commissions, advanced reporting and analysis features, and no deposit minimums with the Webull app.
To open an account at Webull, you'll need to verify your identity. If you experience any problems, Webull's customer service reps are ready to help you along the way.
Get Paid To Shop
Reward websites pay you for doing everyday things you already do online, like shopping. Make your time and internet usage count by earning free money with these apps.
Rakuten (formerly Ebates) is a cashback app that pays you for shopping online at more than 2,500 stores, including Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, and Kohls.
- Receive a $30 sign-up bonus after spending $30
- The amount you earn varies by retailer and can range from as little as 1% to as much as 20%
- Rakuten boasts one of the highest referral pay ($30) for new customers that you refer, with no limits
The extension alerts you to active deals or cashback opportunities when shopping at a Rakuten partner retailer. Getting an update on your Rakuten rewards can take a few hours to several days.
You will receive your cashback in the form of PayPal cash or a Big Fat Check mailed to your address every three months.
11. Top Cashback
“USA's Most Generous Cashback Site” gives you cashback when you shop online. With over 11 million members, Top Cashback is one of the fastest-growing cashback sites.
- Top Cashback partners with more than 4,400+ participating stores, including Walmart, Best Buy, eBay, Groupon, etc.
- Free to join, use, and cash out
- Browse the site to choose from thousands of retailers and cashback offers
- Head to Top Cashback to find your favorite retailers, make your purchase, and receive cashback in your Top Cashback account once the purchase is processed
- No minimum payout threshold or limit to the number of times you can cash out
12. Fetch Rewards
Fetch Rewards is an easy way to get free money without having to modify your spending habits. Buy what you want, where you want – Fetch Rewards will reward you for every purchase you make.
- Make a purchase anywhere, open up the Fetch Rewards app, and scan your receipt
- Earn a minimum of 25 points with every receipt you scan
- Earn bonus points when Fetch Rewards identifies items on your receipt with active offers
- Refer a friend, and you'll both get 2,000 bonus points once they scan their first receipt
- Redeem your points (3,000 minimum) for various rewards, including pet supplies, office supplies, spas, travel, fashion, entertainment, restaurants, etc.
Whether you're ordering food from Postmates or reserving flights from Expedia, shop directly using the Drop app and get rewarded automatically.
- Receive a $10 bonus for signing up
- Link your debit or credit card to your new account, then browse the app for offers from brands like Walmart, Target, and Jet.com
- After shopping, you will earn points that you can redeem to get Target, Amazon, and Starbucks gift cards
If you shop a lot, the Drop points add up quickly, so you can spend them even faster.
14. National Consumer Panel
NCP is a grocery shopping app that lets you make an impact and earn points for gift cards and merchandise for sharing about the items you purchase.
- Scan barcodes on all products you buy and share your shopping data with NCP to earn. As a panel member, you will gain access to the NCPMobile app
- Receive additional incentives and rewards for participating in special programs and surveys
- The more you participate, the more money you make
Get Free Money With Online Surveys
Many market research companies offer paid survey-taking opportunities. These online survey sites will pay you in exchange for your opinion on various topics. Others may send you samples of new products before they launch.
These survey sites are legitimate sites that will pay you for your opinions.
15. Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys conducts surveys for other companies. The survey results help companies improve their products and services, making your opinions very valuable to them.
According to Branded Surveys, most surveys pay between $0.50 and $5.00, with no limit on how many you can complete. Plus, get 100 bonus points when you signup.
Once you signup, answer a few questions so Branded Surveys can determine which surveys will be a good fit for you, and start earning. Redeem your points for cash or choose from over 100 gift card options, plus get 100 bonus points when you signup.
16. Survey Junkie
Take surveys. Get PAID. That's the slogan of this money-making survey website. With an 8.9/10 rating on TrustPilot, Survey Junkie lets you earn virtual points for sharing your thoughts.
- Surveys are short and easy – pick the ones you want to take
- Redeem your points for e-Giftcards or cash
InboxDollars is a veteran in the survey industry; this online rewards site pays you to take surveys and perform other online tasks. Sharing your opinions and feedback help companies create better products and services for their customers.
- Receive a $5 sign-up bonus upon joining
- Once you sign up, you'll start receiving emails with offers on relevant surveys
- Earn anywhere from $0.5 to $5 per survey. After making $30, you can request your first check
- You then become a gold member, which means more rewards
InboxDollars also offers discounts, free samples, and printable coupons from top brands, including Walmart, Target, and Netflix, and has paid over $56 Million in cash rewards to its members.
Check out more high-paying surveys in this article.
KashKick is a new rewards and loyalty platform that helps you ease financial stress and lets you make money while in your pj's.
Sign up for a free account to complete paid surveys and try other creative ways to earn, like playing games and completing unlimited offers.
The Swagbucks app lets you take online surveys and pays you in Swagbucks for doing so.
- Every time you complete a survey, you will receive a reward, usually cash prizes and gift cards, to your favorite retailers like Walmart, Starbucks, and Amazon
- The Swagbucks app is legit, with over 20 million active members and $381 million paid out in rewards
- Receive a $5 sign-up bonus
Lower Your Bills and Keep Your Money
Beyond shopping and cashback apps, there are a few creative ways to keep your bills down and save more money. Thanks to the internet, there are several tools on the market right now that will help you save money on your monthly bills. These tools will negotiate your contracts and find savings where you didn't know there were any.
20. Rocket Money
Struggle to save money? Rocket Money is an AI-powered budgeting app that helps you identify ways to save money.
Here's how it works:
- Securely connects to your bank accounts, analyzes your monthly spending, and finds easy ways to help you save more
- Saves you money by negotiating bills, cutting unused subscriptions, finding better car insurance plans, earning cashback, etc.
The Hiatus app helps you get control of your money by:
- Negotiating lower rates on your bills
- Canceling your subscriptions (with just a tap)
- Displaying all your spending in one place
- Tracking your net worth
Hiatus is an automated digital assistant that will help you spend smarter, save money on your bills, and reach your financial goals.
BillCutterz is another app that will negotiate discounts on your monthly bills with your current providers.
According to their website, the average BillCutterz user saves up to 30 percent on their bills. You can save up to $2,500 annually on your bills without doing anything.
To get free money with this app:
- Sign up with some basic information and submit your bills
- Their team of savings experts will call your service providers and negotiate on your behalf
- Your negotiated discounts will appear on your regular bills
BillCutterz will split any savings they obtain for you 50-50. There's no charge if they don't save you any money.
23. Student Loans
Refinancing can be a great way to save money if you have student loans. When you refinance, you replace your existing education loans with a new, lower-cost loan through a private lender. This can help you save money on interest and reduce your monthly payments.
Private student loans typically have lower interest rates than federal student loans, so refinancing can help you save money in the long run. Plus, if you qualify for a lower monthly payment, you can free up some extra cash each month.
Refinancing is not right for everyone, but it's worth considering if you have hefty student loans.
Complete Small Tasks for Free Money
In addition to paid surveys, there are other websites and apps that will pay you for performing simple tasks; here are some legitimate options.
24. Money App
The Money App is easy to use and lets you complete simple offers to earn money. Sign up and complete as many tasks as you choose.
Tasks include things like:
- Completing surveys
- Watching videos
- Mystery shopping
- Checking store displays
- Testing new services
Money App pays you cash in 2-3 business days.
Did you know that popular brands and retailers will pay you to visit their stores? With the Shopkick app you can earn reward points (called kicks) for shopping online and in-store.
- Earn kicks just for walking into specific stores and scanning specific products using the Shopkick app
- Redeem kicks for a wide selection of free digital gift cards from Amazon, Starbucks, Groupon, and Target
- Many users can earn enough kicks to get a free gift card in a week
26. Field Agent
Field Agent is an app focused on finding opportunities for “Agents” to make money. Established in 2010, Field Agent was the first app to pay its users cash.
Tasks include things like:
- Sharing your opinion on different topics
- Mystery shopping
- Gathering information
- Taking photos
- Testing products
Accept as many gigs as you want and ignore the ones you don't.
This is another free money hack that works. While free stuff may not be as sweet as free money, it's pretty close if you plan to buy it anyway.
If your birthday is coming up, here are 72 birthday freebies that will save you money and make your birthday memorable.
With RebateKey, you can get up to 100% cash back rebates. This website rewards customers shopping on Walmart, Amazon, and others.
When you purchase through RebateKey, companies offer to refund a portion of your purchase of specific products/services.
They offer high rebates because sellers want to incentivize you to try their products.
Their goal is to get their products in your hands in the hopes you will provide word-of-mouth marketing by sharing with your friends and family.
Earn Money for Your Mail
The junk email sitting in your email account could earn you free money. Yep, that's right. You can get paid for receiving mail. Don't worry, your personal information is kept 100% confidential.
29. Small Business Knowledge Center
SBKC is a market research company that will pay you for your junk mail. The company works with panelists all over America to conduct market research.
Once you apply and get accepted to their program, you can send your junk mail to them and get paid for it. SBKC is a straightforward way to earn free cash.
Instead of deleting them from your account, send your junk mail and email solicitations to SBKC and receive compensation.
Become a consumer panelist and send them direct mail and email communications related to:
- Mortgage and loans
- Investments and annuities
- Travel and leisure
- Credit cards
- Appliances and electronics
- Pet supplies
- Auto parts
- Home improvement
- and more…
You will receive participation points that you can redeem for a Visa Debit card and can earn as much as $20 in one month. For extra rewards, be on the lookout for periodic mystery shopping surveys.
30. Hauser Group
The Hauser Group uses the data from spam emails to improve the deliverability of email marketing campaigns.
You can sign up to become a decoy, which will put you on mailing lists and report every time you receive particular pieces of mail.
Free Unclaimed Money
Getting free money from the government sounds exciting, right? Unknown to many Americans, millions of dollars are waiting around to be claimed by the right person.
Here's how to find and claim your missing money.
Unclaimed.org will return unclaimed money to you. Search by state or province to discover any money that may be owed to you.
Types of missing money you may find include:
- Uncollected healthcare reimbursements
- Old bank account balances
- Other insurance reimbursements
- Security deposits on utility accounts and past rentals, etc.
The Unclaimed.org database is endorsed by NAUPA and participating government agencies, so it is safe to enter your information. Be sure to search in every state where you have lived.
Every year, states receive lost and unclaimed property or missing money. MissingMoney.com matches them with the rightful owners. The site will also help you locate and claim any missing money that belongs to you.
Conduct your free search for:
- Safe deposit box contents
- Bank accounts
- Trust funds
- Uncashed checks
- Stocks and bonds
- Utility deposits
- And more…
If you get a result, you can claim the property by providing the requested details and submit. You will receive instructions on the next steps from the state where you made a claim.
33. Unclaimed Pension Funds
The government agency was created to protect the retirement security of Americans in single-employer and multi-employer pension plans.
You deserve to enjoy your hard-earned pension benefits; check the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation website database for unclaimed pensions.
Get Free Money for Being Healthy
Fitness is no longer optional. More and more people realize the importance of staying fit, and companies are capitalizing on this. Believe it or not, some companies will pay you to lose weight and get in shape. And if you're healthy, you can even get paid to donate your plasma.
If you're looking for motivation to reach your fitness goals, why not make some extra cash while you're at it?
Sweatcoin has many partnerships, from governments looking to minimize health costs to insurers wanting to encourage healthier lifestyle choices and brands that want to connect with health-conscious audiences.
Earning extra cash is simple.
- Set up the app on your smartphone, sign up, and allow the app to track your steps throughout the day
- Any time you walk or run outside, it tracks your steps and pays you in Sweatcoins
- Convert Sweatcoins into new gift cards or PayPal cash
If you've been looking for an incentive to get out and have a walk or jog, this is it! If you are a dog person with pet care experience, Rover is looking for you. You can earn money walking with dogs whenever it fits your schedule. The more you walk, the more you earn.
Just like Sweatcoin, Evidation will pay you to track your steps. With over 3 million app downloads, this health-tracking app is not showing any signs of slowing down.
Evidation connects with 20+ apps, including MyFitnessPal, Apple Health, Strava, Garmin, and Samsung Health. You can start earning points today for activities such as walking, logging meals, meditating, and answering questions about yourself.
- Your reward will be paid within seven business days
- When you reach 10,000 points, you can redeem them via direct deposit to your bank or PayPal
- If you feel generous, you can donate your points directly to a charity of your choice
If you want to lose some weight, HealthyWage uses cash-based challenges designed to encourage perseverance and end procrastination. It lets you pick your target, specify a deadline, and place a bet.
To begin, first use the calculator to enter your goal and determine potential winnings. By adjusting your goal weight, the timeframe, and how much you contribute, you can increase your winnings.
Weekly weigh-ins will help you stay on track throughout the contest. When you meet your goal, you'll win your prize!
If you are committed to shedding off extra pounds, learn more about how to get paid to lose weight here.
The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has some federal programs in place to help you in homeownership and rental matters.
38. Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a financial assistance program that will give you a voucher to pay part or all of your rent. If you're struggling to keep up with your rent payments or are facing foreclosure, this program may be for you.
39. Weatherization Assistance Program
Making your home energy efficient will not only help you save money by reducing the cost of your energy bills but also earn you free money from the government.
The Weatherization Assistance Program by the US Department of Energy (DOE) offers money incentives to low-income households to make their homes energy-efficient.
The program provides weatherization services to over 35,000 homes annually using DOE funds. Since it began back in 1976, the program has improved the lives of over 7 million American families.
Get Paid To Take a Picture
Smartphone cameras are getting more powerful by the day. You probably take selfies when you're out with friends, even if it's just occasionally. If you enjoy taking pics, you will love it even more when you get paid for them.
40. Receipt Hog
Receipt Hog is another fun way to earn free cash by taking pictures of receipts from your everyday purchases. Your survey opinions and anonymous receipts will influence brands and retailers.
- It doesn't matter what you buy or where you shop – snap receipts and earn extra money
- You can win free shopping trips or trade coins for magazines, Amazon gift cards, or cash via PayPal
If you're active on Instagram and have a decent following, you could get paid for sponsored work. More and more brands are working with “micro-influencers” on social media.
Tagging brands you love in your photos on Instagram and Twitter is a great way to get on their radar and strike up a conversation about working together.
The WeGoLook website will pay you to become a looker. Your responsibilities will include providing professional field services to some of the world's biggest companies.
- Thanks to the streamlined onboarding process, you can set up an account and get jobs in just a matter of hours
- Most jobs will take 15-20 minutes to complete
- Some of the “Looks” include assessments (documenting damage, identifying risk), inspections (scenes, properties, vehicles, properties), document services (document collection, signing, notarization), and pickup and delivery (courier services, item retrieval)
- You get to choose when and where to work
- You will also benefit from ongoing training and support
Get Free Products To Review
If you're interested in getting free products just for writing product reviews, here are a few ways to go about it.
43. Become an Amazon Reviewer
Amazon is one of the most popular product review reward platforms, with customer reviews being a vital part of the Amazon shopping experience. Many shoppers read reviews before deciding whether or not to make a purchase.
Thanks to this program, you have an opportunity to help other buyers make smart purchasing decisions. In return, you will get products sent for you to review – for free.
44. Slice the Pie
Arguably the largest paid review site on the internet, Slice the Pie will pay you for every review you leave.
Your rating and reviews will provide real-time predictive insight to merchandisers, designers, and music executives.
What started as a music review engine has expanded to include categories such as mobile phone accessories, fashion, and others, with more than $5.2 million having been earned.
You will be paid real money via PayPal, with no discounts or vouchers. The better your reviews, the more you will earn.
Open a New Bank Account
Who knew that opening a new bank account could help you get free money? On top of making you feel inadequate, an empty bank account can also affect your mental health.
Many banks will offer you a bonus for depositing a specified amount of money when you open individual accounts. Typically, you're also required to keep the money in the account for a certain period of time.
45. Chase Checking and Savings Accounts
Chase Bank will pay you $200 for opening up a new Chase Total Checking account and depositing at least $25. When you open a Chase Savings account, you'll get a further $150. To get this one, deposit $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days.
There's a small catch: You have to maintain the balance for three months. To get $350, open a new Chase Total Checking with a Chase Savings account with qualifying activities.
Share Your Data
Companies like Facebook use your information, and they don't pay you for it. So why not get paid for something that you do anyway. Here are several ways to safely share your information and get paid for it.
Tapestri pays you for your location data. And because retailers want to better understand consumer habits and behavior, they will buy your data from Tapestri. So as a reward, Tapestri pays you for this detailed (anonymous) information.
Download the Tapestri app and give it permission to track your data to earn free money each month.
MobileXpression is a research site that gives you money in exchange for your cell phone data.
Put the app on your phone and let it run in the background. It will record your browsing habits when you're using your phone. It's possible to earn a gift card after being active for only one week.
The SavvyConnect VIP program is safe and uses cutting-edge technology to collect your data when you're online. In exchange for the data, they’ll pay you up to $15 a month or $5 per device for up to three devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Get Money Right Now?
You can get free money now by cashing in any credit card rewards points you have, pawning items at a pawnshop, having a yard sale, looking for things to buy to make money, or running your loose change through a coin counter.
What App Gives You Free Money?
All of the apps on this list will give you free money in various ways; here are some of the most popular options. These apps give you money for things like browsing online or unlocking your phone.
How Can I Make $500 Fast?
Here’s a list of money-making options to help you make $500 fast. The list even includes jobs that pay $500 per day.
Free Money Scams
The internet is rampant with exciting ways to get free money. However, it is vital to be cautious, as scammers like to prey on unsuspecting Americans.
While everything included on this list is legit, here are a few tips to vet free money opportunities and red flags to be aware of:
- Be very careful when sharing personal or financial information online. Pay special attention when asked for your social security number
- Don't pay any upfront fees
- Don't pay money to get free money
- Official state government and federal government websites will have .edu and .gov domains
- Follow your instincts. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
Enjoy All Your Free Money
Phew! That was quite a list.
While a side hustle will earn you more money in the long run, the legit ways to get free money included in this list are easy wins.
Whether you are looking to pay off debt or in urgent need of quick cash, use this free money to create momentum with your finances and work to improve your specific circumstances.
Note that the majority of these websites and apps will send your money via PayPal, so ensure your account is set up.
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.