How should you install the Skyrim Together Reborn mod? Here's your complete guide to installing the new Skyrim multiplayer mod.
The multiplayer mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the most anticipated works in the modding community. The mod allows players to group up and venture forth into the cold lands together. Developed by a small team of hardworking modders, this amazing mod was rewritten to bring the long-awaited multiplayer experience to the decade-old Role-Playing Game (RPG).
In this guide, we focused on the installation process of this brilliant game module. Here's how to install and play Skyrim with your friends.
Skyrim Together Reborn Mod Installation
Before proceeding with the installation guide, ensure you have the correct version of the base game on Steam. The mod only works with Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition. Ensure that you have the latest version of one of these editions as well. If not, verifying the integrity of game files will make sure that everything's in order for mod installation.
To play the classic RPG with other people, follow the steps below and install the mod to the game.
Go to Nexus Mods website and download Vortex Mod Manager. Vortex is an effective open-source mod manager that allows you to install and uninstall mods with ease. We will use it to install the Skyrim Together Reborn mod as well.
- Download Vortex and install the mod manager on your PC.
- Go to the official page of Address Library for SKSE Plugins.
- Install the address library with Vortex.
- Go to the official information page of Skyrim Together Reborn mod on Nexus Mods.
- Click on Vortex to download it with your mod manager.
Now that we have successfully downloaded the mod with Vortex. Make sure it is enabled in the mods section of the manager. After completing these steps, go to the dashboard of Vortex.
- Select Add Tool and choose New.
- Locate the folder location of the mod folder and add it to Vortex.
- You will see its icon on the dashboard after adding it to the manager.
- Click on Skyrim Together Reborn to run the mod. If the manager asks you to confirm the location of Skyrim: Special Edition launcher, find and choose SkyrimSE.exe in the installation directory – (Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition).
This is how you can install the Skyrim Together Reborn mod to the game. After you complete the steps above, run the game and follow the guide below to start playing with other people.
How To Play Skyrim Multiplayer With Skyrim Together Reborn Mod?
Click on Continue and jump into the game. Now you can start playing with your friends or other people to explore Skyrim once again. Before trying to connect to a server, make sure you complete the Helgen sequence. If you are still in the prologue, you need to escape from Helgen before enjoying the game with other people.
As of this writing, there are no functioning public servers available. That's why you need to join or create a private server. Here's how to connect to a private server in Skyrim multiplayer:
- Hit F2 or press the right CTRL button on your keyboard.
- This will bring up a menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Connect and enter the server IP and the password.
- Click on Connect.
- Have a look at the logs window on the left side of the screen to make sure you are connected to a server.
If you and your friends are on the same server, click on F2 to open the settings and create a party.
- Press F2 to open the Player Manager.
- Select Party Menu.
- Click on Launch Party to invite other people to your party.
How To Start a Private Server on Skyrim Together Reborn?
As there are no public servers available, you need to set up your own server to play with your friends. Here's how to create a server:
Open your search engine and type Hamachi. Enter the official website of LogMeIn Hamachi and download it to your computer.
LogMeIn Hamachi is software that allows users to create virtual private networks. It is an essential program to set up a private server to play Skyrim multiplayer.
- After the download is complete, install Hamachi on your computer.
- Run the program and click on Create a new network.
- Type the name of your server into the Network ID textbox.
- Create a password and type it again to confirm it.
- Right-click on your new server and copy the IPv4 address to your friends.
Make sure your friends have Hamachi installed on their computers as well. After all of the players have the program running on their PC, make sure you add them to your Hamachi network. Here's what your network should look like after completing all the methods above.
- If you are the host of the server, type localhost to the address section of the window.
- Your friends will use the IPv4 address and the password to connect to your Skyrim server.
Your friends will have to type this address to connect your server on Skyrim Together Reborn. Do not forget to send the password for the server as well.
There is no doubt that this mod is a product of a small yet hardworking team. Bringing a whole new experience to a decade-old game is not an easy task. Yet the team behind the multiplayer mod has successfully delivered what they promised.
The mod is still in its early stages, which means that it can be subject to crashes and connection issues. While we believe that it will get better in time, playing Skyrim multiplayer is a dream come true for thousands of players around the world.
Now you know how to install the Skyrim Together Reborn mod to play the classic RPG with your friends.