lkeeeeeeefdfdfdfdfdfdJ.J. Abrams is one of the most popular and prominent workers in film and television today. He's a director, producer, screenwriter, composer, and actor with an enviable body of work.
His directorial filmography includes 2006's Mission: Impossible III, 2009's Star Trek, 2011's Super 8, 2013's Stark Trek Into Darkness, 2015's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and 2019's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – the latter two of which make him a legend in the eyes of Star Wars fans.
In this piece, we'll take you through a list of reasons to love the icon of entertainment that is J.J. Abrams.
- J.J. Abrams wrote one of Micheal Bay's best films. No, not Transformers, we're talking about 1998's far superior Armageddon. Go on, admit it, you loved that movie and cried at the end when Harry Stamper sent Batman back up the lift.
- He's actually written nine movies, including both of the Star Wars movies he directed.
- J.J. has a bromance going with Steven Spielberg. He wrote the screenplay for Speilberg's 1992 film, Forever Young, which starred Mel Gibson and Jaime Lee Curtis. Since then the pair have worked collaboratively and most famously on Super 8, where J.J. directed and Spielberg produced. But how did this bromance start? During their teens, J.J. and his friend Matt Reeves scored a job restoring old film footage for Speilberg!
- He wrote and produced 2008's brilliant Cloverfield, which is undoubtedly among the finest found footage movies ever made.
- Given his clear science fiction tendencies, J.J. actually was the force behind the TV show Felicity. The success of that show lead to him directing episodes of other shows like Lost and Alias. He also created Fringe. All of those shows are cool.
- His eclectic taste and immense versatility mean he's also directed episodes of such shows as Jimmy Kimmel Live! and The Office.
- Is quoted as saying “Star Wars is probably the most influential film of my generation. It's the personification of good and evil and the way it opened up the world to space adventure, the way westerns had to our parents' generations, left an indelible imprint. So, in a way, everything that any of us does is somehow directly or indirectly affected by the experience of seeing those first three films.”
- He's developing three new shows for HBO Max; Justice League Dark, Overlook, and Duster.
- His short list of acting credits includes 1991's Regarding Henry, 1993's Six Degrees of Separation, 1996's Diabolique, 1999's The Suburbans, 2015's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, 2017's The Disaster Artist, and 2019's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. He has also acted on a 2012 episode of Family Guy and a 2021 episode of The Simpsons.
- In 2019, he debuted as a writer for Marvel Comics. J.J. co-authored the company's title Spider-Man from September of that year with his son Henry.
- He raised his brilliantly talented daughter, Gracie Abrams, who's a fantastic singer-songwriter in her own right.
- J.J. serves on the Creative Council of Represent.Us, which is a nonpartisan anti-corruption organization.
- Did we mention he's directed two Star Wars movies? Oh okay. Well, it's definitely worth mentioning again.
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.