Since his introduction to the mainstream* Star Wars audience in The Empire Strikes Back (*he was first shown in the television movie, known as the Holiday Special), Mandalorian bounty hunter Boba Fett has become an iconic character.
Known to Darth Vader for disintegrating his bounties rather than handing them back alive, the character is incredibly popular. It could be because of his awesome Mandalorian Armour and the great color palette which adorns it, it could be that Clint Eastwood vibe, or it could be something else.
Given Boba's popularity, when George Lucas took the opportunity to make the prequels he chose to expand on the legacy of the Fett family by showing how Jango Fett's DNA was used for the Clone Army and that he kept a separate clone for himself, one that had been produced to not age as the other clones.
This clone is of course his son, Boba.
This popularity has meant Boba has turned up in a few places and time frames which has meant a few different actors have played the character:
- The first actor to play Boba Fett was Jeremy Bulloch. He did so in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Bulloch also appeared in James Bond movies The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, and Octopussy. He sadly died at the age of 75 in 2020.
- Daniel Logan played the young version of Boba in the Attack of the Clones prequel and the voice of the animated Boba in the three-part Season Two finale and in Season Four of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series. Logan milks his role on the convention circuit as much as he can! Logan also played the character “Captain Fett” in 2016's Sharknado: The 4th Awakens.
- Dickey Beer, was a stunt performer in Return of the Jedi. This involved the work in the Sarlacc Pit scene and Fett flying into the side of Jabba's Sail Barge. Beer's additional stunt work includes movies like 1997's Starship Troopers, 2003's Terminator: Rise of the Machines, and 2012's The Bourne Legacy.
- John Morton did a quick turn in a Cloud City scene in The Empire Strikes Back. Morton's acting credits include 1980's Superman II and Flash Gordon.
- Temuera Morrison played the father of Boba, Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones. He's the dude who took a gun to a lightsaber fight with Mace Windu! To be fair, Jango's Jet Pack misfired meaning he had no chance of defending himself by escaping Mace's purple power-pulping device! Morrison's additional acting credits include 1994's Once Were Warriors, 2016's Moana, and 2018's Aquaman.
- Tem Morrison also has pulled a slick move and cameoed as Boba Fett in Season 2 Episode One of The Mandalorian and continues to be a featured character in season two.
- Boba Fett is played by Morrison in the spin-off The Book of Boba Fett.
Meet the Five Fetts!
Here are all the actors who've ever played a Fett character being interviewed by Warwick Davis during a recent Star Wars Celebration Event.
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.