- Frank Oz returns to the franchise as both the puppeteer and voice of Yoda in an unexpected performance.
- It's been confirmed by Finn actor John Boyega that the two Princes William and Harry visited the set and had a turn as Stormtroopers. They were cut from the final movie, though! Off with the director's head!
- Gary Barlow, the popular singer-songwriter from the 1990s boyband Take That, also donned the infamous white and black, as did Bane and Venom himself, Tom Hardy. However, both men's performances only made the cutting room floor.
- Gareth Edwards, the director of Rogue One, has a small cameo as one of the Rebels fighting in the trench on Crait. He has R1 written on his tunic if you'd like to identify him.
- Actor and comedian Adrian “Ade” Edmondson, of Bottom and The Young Ones fame, has an extended cameo as a First Order Officer.
- 500 Days of Summer star Joseph Gordon Levitt does the voice of the alien that turns in Finn and Rose at the Canto Bight Casino. Levitt has appeared in several films directed by Rian Johnson so there are no surprises there. The character was called Slowen Lo.
- Actor, filmmaker, and screenwriter Justin Theroux plays the Master Code Breaker that Finn and Poe are sent by Maz Kanata to meet.
- Star Wars veteran Warwick Davis plays Wodibin – his ninth appearance in Star Wars. He actually filmed a second part – his tenth overall – but it did not make the final cut of the movie. This article's featured image is of him as Kedpin Shoklop from a bathroom scene at Canto Bight that was cut.
- Actor Noah Segan, who has appeared in every Rian Johnson movie, has a small spot as an X-Wing pilot.
- Star Wars icon Mark Hamill also does the voice work for the chap that inserts the coins into BB-8 at the Canto Bight Casino.
And now for a couple of cameos with visual proof…
Director Edgar Wright and writer Joe Cornish each took a turn as members of the Resistance:
And Mark Hamill's children turned up as Rebels:
Did you enjoy these cameos? Which of them was your favorite? And did we miss any that you know of?
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.