How to save money on your groceries!
Grocery shopping; some enjoy it while others hate it. Regardless of whatever side you’re on, it cannot be avoided. However, with the right grocery shopping tips, you can stretch your dollars and make it more fun to go to the store.
We often come up with comprehensible grocery lists only to make it to the check out with a little more than we need. Blame it on the music they play in the stores or the strategically placed products. Yet, nobody likes having to part with a hefty amount of money at the checkout, regardless of how fun it was to waltz through the aisles.
So, how can you put an end to this tyranny? How can you transform yourself into that savvy shopper that rarely overspends, but sticks to her budget? Well, below we share a few tips on how to become one.
Without further ado, here are my top tips on how to get the most out of your grocery store:
- Always carry your list
- Create a budget
- Have a pantry checklist
- Buy things in bulk
- Keep a list on your fridge
- Avoid shopping when hungry
- Craft an effective weekly menu
- Buy frozen veggies and fruits
- Try online grocery shopping
- Save your receipts
- Purchase the off-brand version
- Cut down on your meat purchases
- Use coupons
- Buy meat when it's on sale
- Don't go shopping with an over-spender
Keep reading for the details…