Content creators looking for extra cash or a side hustle are in luck.
Many people in the digital world are more than happy to consume exciting original content. Once creators prove their content is worthy, their fan base will pay to view their exclusive content and premium videos.
OnlyFans is a popular website that allows various types of creators to monetize the online content they create. Sex workers, porn stars, fitness models, and even celebrities like Cardi B are making a name for themselves and creating additional income streams using the OnlyFans platform.
OnlyFans' subscription-based platform offers creators built-in monetization tools to help them create and sell different types of content like videos, individual clips and images, live streams, audio content, and explicit adult content.
Users use OnlyFans to find new creators and connect with their favorite creators in a type of explicit content. It has been widely accepted as the industry standard best platform for adult creators to make money online. Still, in 2021, OnlyFans announced it was banning sexual content from its platform due to pressure from banks and payment gateways.
Although OnlyFans quickly walked back the ban, it seemed the potential threat was motivation enough to spur some major competition in the subscription-based model space. The market quickly gave rise to plenty of OnlyFans alternatives giving creators the opportunity to create different revenue streams on a number of platforms.
Best OnlyFans Alternatives
The internet has provided endless ways for content creators to make money, but it's always a good idea to avoid hanging your hat on any single platform. Here are some potential OnlyFans alternatives to try so you can diversify your online income.
FanCentro is subscription-based and allows adult film performers and other influencers to monetize their private social media by charging for access to their accounts.
- No explicit images are allowed in the profile. Still, the description should cover the exact content fans can expect if they subscribe.
- Creators can customize the subscription plan through ‘Perks,' the features creators provide to fans, such as access to social media, your FanCentro Feed, or other custom videos and images.
- Content creators select the subscription offers for price and duration.
- Creators can provide a free trial option and discounts.
- There are seven payment methods; creators can choose the minimum payout amount.
- There is a 2-week hold on payouts.
- Creators can promote their accounts on the FanCentro Directory.
- FanCentro charges a commission of 25% on all earnings.
LoyalFans is a platform that attracts influencers, creators, artists, public figures, and anyone trying to build an online following. LoyalFans provides several ways to interact with fans and share content.
- Profiles can include a logo.
- Creators must upload valid photo IDs, sign an agreement, and have a checkmark for sensitive content.
- Creators can earn from live streaming, subscriptions, video store sales, personal requests through messaging, and a referral program.
- Subscription prices are between $1 to $50.
- The cost for text posts, photo posts, and video posts can be up to $500.
- Creators have such features as video calling, direct messaging, and live broadcasts.
- Creators receive payment twice a month and must reach a minimum threshold of $50 before receiving money. Otherwise, the balance rolls over to the next payment period.
MYM, which stands for Meet Your Model, is a platform that allows creators to form unique relationships with their fans in a close community. For creators with a social media following, MYM is a great way to convert fans into paying subscribers.
- Creators set their subscription prices.
- Creators can set up a professional account if they have a registered company.
- Creators can post public and private content – private content is behind a paywall.
- Fans can request custom content, allowing creators to set the rate.
- Creators make money via subscriptions, tips, private media, custom media, and push media (sent to fans via DM where they can choose to purchase or not).
- MYM recommends accounts start with at least twenty media posts.
- Creators can send grouped messages via the Push feature. For example, you can send a message to everyone who is a follower but has yet to be a subscriber.
- MYM takes 25% of earnings.
- The minimum payout is 50 Euros.
Creators sign up to become a model and receive verification within a couple of hours. According to Fansly, top models earn $10,000 or more a month.
- Users can follow creator accounts for free or subscribe. Creators can target free users by sending content via DMs.
- Creators can sell the option to remove emojis from photos.
- Fansly takes 20% of earnings.
- Creators can earn referral bonuses.
- The minimum payout is $20.
Fanvue caters to all creators, adult entertainers, and all other niches. Fanvue recently added a discoverability feature similar to Instagram, so creators will be easier to find and earn new subscribers organically. In addition, a unique feature is selling NFTs (non-fungible tokens) directly through Fanvue, so followers can purchase copyrighted digital content that nobody else has.
- Creators can share a promotional video on their profiles which can help convert followers into subscribers more quickly.
- An earnings calculator can provide an estimate of earnings through Fanvue.
- Creators can earn money through new subscriptions, recurring subscriptions, tips, paid posts, pay-to-view messages, and custom content.
- Fanvue takes 15% of earnings for the first 12 months and 20% thereafter.
- A referral bonus of 5% of any earnings made by the creator who was referred for the lifetime of their income on Fanvue.
- There must be a minimum of $20 in earnings before payout requests.
iFans supports all creators, including adult entertainment, and boasts one of the best referral programs and analytics dashboards for any social media platform.
- Creators keep 80% of their earnings.
- If a creator sends someone to another creator via a tag, they will receive a commission on any purchases that person makes.
- ‘Share for Share' allows creators to share each other’s audiences through mutual tagging.
- 5% lifetime referral bonus from other creators they invite to the platform.
- Minimum $20 in earnings before payout requests.
Okfans, formerly FanPage, helps content creators earn money like other platforms. Okfans encourages creators to plan and time-block to keep up with content creation demands and cross-collaborate to create content with creators in the same niche to build a community and share followers.
- Okfans takes a 20% commission on earnings.
- Earn from subscriptions, paid content, messages, and tips.
- Creators can post videos and photos on Okfans profiles.
- Creators can live stream for their followers.
- Creators can choose to share content to subscribers only, everyone, or set a custom price.
- The minimum payout threshold is higher than other platforms at $150.
- Earn 5% commission for referrals.
Fanso takes a different approach where a creator or someone who wants to join the business creates a subscription-based community marketplace. As a Fanso creator, you can either become the owner of a self-hosted platform or work with someone who owns the account and pay them a commission from your earnings. The one-time fee is $699 for a starter, self-hosted account.
Fanso refers to itself as an OnlyFans clone script and says users have 100% access to the source code, which is highly customizable.
Fanso nicely sets out all of its features on one page, including:
- Custom pricing for subscriptions.
- Unlimited streaming minutes.
- Monetize live-streaming content using tokens.
- Creators can own and run a separate eCommerce store to sell their merchandise, including digital and physical products.
- Users can pay for products using tokens.
- Built-in social community feature.
- Instagram-like stories can be created and sold on a newsfeed.
- A free demo is available.
With FanTime, creators get their own website instead of creating an account. Creators select their domain and customize their page with their choice of logo and colors.
- Creators can connect their Twitter accounts to their website page.
- Monthly subscription fees are between $5 and $50.
- Creators are paid 80% of their earnings weekly and FanTime keeps 20%.
- Minimum $20 in earnings before payout requests.
- Creators can contact the designated Copyright Agent for FanTime if they think their material was used without their consent.
Although Patreon is different from a lot of the OnlyFans alternatives on this list, it still can be a good option. While it does offer many similar services, it also limits explicit content. Creators must flag mature themes as 18+, which is content that depicts explicit sexual situations, including nudity. Public spaces should not have any mature themes. Pornography and intercourse on camera are prohibited.
Otherwise, like Onlyfans, Patreon gives access to creator accounts via monthly subscriptions.
Patreon offers three payment packages. The Lite plan asks for a 5% commission from earnings and provides a host page, communication tools, and workshops. More features are available on the 8% and 12% commission tiers.
These are the ten best OnlyFans alternative platforms that offer adult and mainstream content for influencers from all different niches. These social media platforms offer similar services, like earning money from loyal followers via custom subscription packages, private messages, videos, customer requests, and referral programs.
However, creators should also consider the platforms that provide them with more control, like Fanso and Fantime, and platforms with unique features, like an e-commerce store, for additional revenue streams.