Are you looking for an honest Remotasks review?
Well you just landed on the right blog post.
Online tasks are increasingly becoming common on the internet. You can get a freelancing gig with some education and experience.
However, there are platforms that do not require you to have any experience or education. This makes such platforms easier to join.
One of these platforms is Remotasks. There are some questions about the legitimacy of the platform especially since it is hard to find company information on it.
In this article, we shall address the legitimacy of the platform and whether you should join in or you should not.
What is Remotasks?
Remotasks is a micro jobs website that offers a variety of tasks for people to complete and get paid. The platform was started by Scale Labs, Inc.
However, it was later acquired by Smart Ecosystem Inc. Its headquarters are located in 398 11th Street San Francisco, California US 94103.
You can also check out the video below to help you understand more about Remotasks.
Features of Remotasks.
The most prominent features are:
a) Discord Server.
This is where customers find all the customer care help they need on the platform. Here, you can find several customer care representatives that are always online to assist you with any help that you require.
b) Community Forums.
The platform has an online community of taskers – new and old. Being a member on this platform, you can get valuable insights from seasoned users on the platform.
Remotasks Boot Camp Training.
This is an intense training session for users that want to get really good at certain tasks. The training is for all tasks on the platform.
It usually takes 2 weeks of intensive training for any task that you decide to learn about.
The most common course taken for the boot camp training is LiDAR annotation and LiDAR semantic segmentation.
What Tasks Can You Complete to Make Money on Remotasks?
You do not need any form of experience to start working on the platform.
However, due to the nature of tasks on Remotasks, you have to first take and pass tests to be eligible for most of the tasks available on the platform.
The difficulty of the test speaks to the amount of work to be done and the amount of money to be made.
The tasks on the Remotasks dashboard include:
- Image annotation
- Image and audio transcription.
- Data collection.
- 3D content analysis.
- Video annotation.
Where Can You Use Remotasks From?
The platform is available in over 90 countries all over the world. Given its set up, you can access it in most places that have an internet connection.
The platform has a section for Africa, Latin America and Asia. However, the platform also states that Remotasks systems cannot accept users located in any country that is subject to U.S export restrictions, currently including but not limited to Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
How Does Remotasks Work?
You can easily make money from the platform by following the steps below:
a) Sign up for an account.
To become a member, you have to first register with the platform. You can do this by visiting the sign up page.
The registration process might request for personal information such as your name, country of residence, mobile phone number and valid payment information.
At the moment, the platform accepts PayPal. Therefore, you must have a valid and verified PayPal account.
Make sure that the accounts that receive payments are in your name.
You can either use your email or Facebook email to create your account. Plus, the sign up process is free.
b) Start Taking Courses.
When you are accepted on the platform, you can login using your email and password.
With access to your account, you can start taking tests.
All tasks on the platform only become available after you have completed tests.
The tests vary in difficulty basing on the type of tasks you are preparing for.
The course usually takes just under 15 minutes to complete after which you shall be required to take a quiz to assess your understanding.
You can find these tests at the training center on your account.
Keep in mind that you can redo the quiz if you fail.
c) Start Tasking.
Upon passing the tests, you can now start taking on tasks. You are only eligible to take on the tasks whose test you have passed.
This means that for every new task you take on, you must have completed a test. For example, if you have taken a course on video annotations, you can only perform tasks related to video annotations.
You cannot take on a transcription task. Keep in mind that you have to be accurate in order to make money for each task completed.
d) Make money.
Whenever you complete and submit a task, you are in line to make money. However, tasks on the platform have to be reviewed before it can be considered completed.
After the review process, the money can be sent to your account.
As the review process goes on, you can start taking on other tasks so that you can make more money.
What Do You Need to Make Money on Remotasks?
Even after signing up, you have to acquire some equipment to aid your task completion. They include:
a) Laptop or PC.
This is the recommended device of use for reliably accessing the platform.
Although you can access it on other mobile devices, it might not work as smoothly as it does on a computer.
Even when selecting a computer device to work on, you have to consider its specifications. There are some tasks that require a strong device for example LiDAR requires a computer with 4GB or more of RAM and considerable storage space to operate.
b) Internet Connection.
Since the work is remote, you need to carry out these tasks on the internet. Therefore, it is very important for you to have a stable internet connection so that you do not disconnect during tasks.
How Much Can I Earn on Remotasks?
You earn basing on the kind of tasks you complete. Basing on statistics collected from Remo task users, the average pay per hour is $3.63.
How Can I get Paid on Remotasks?
Remotasks pays its taskers every other week using PayPal. The money is sent every Thursday to your PayPal account.
A fee of 2% is charged for every amount of money paid to your PayPal account.
This is deducted to cover the processing fee.
You do not need to fill out a form to process your earnings withdrawal as withdrawals are processed automatically. Plus, there is no minimum withdrawal on the platform.
Pros of Remotasks.
- High payout per task.
- Bonuses for milestones.
- Automated withdrawal.
- No minimum withdrawal limits.
- No barrier to entry.
- Weekly payments.
Cons of Remotasks.
- Tests can be challenging.
- A lot of emphasis on accuracy.
- Difficult tasks.
- A lot of competition on the platform.
- Limited tasks available on the platform.
- Takes some time to review completed tasks.
How Can I Make Money on Remotasks?
- Try to complete as many courses and tests as you can. You have to complete as many tests as you can. This means that when you pass, you have access to a large variety of jobs. Keep in mind that these jobs have different pay structures. Thus, with various options, you can work on the tasks with the highest pay.
- Make sure you are very accurate as you do your work. The platform rewards taskers basing on their accuracy. Most of the tasks are tech related. This means that there is a very high emphasis on accuracy. Keep in mind that you might be suspended for doing luck luster work.
- Do not take on a task you are not ready for. When you do not feel ready for the task, do not take it on. As you do more tasks and get more experience as a tasker on the platform, you are evaluated for better work on the platform. However, poor performance might result in loss of membership.
- Try to stay as active as possible on the platform. Here, I encourage you to try and be online as much as possible. Due to the large number of testers on the platform, it might prove challenging to find a new task. Therefore, it is advisable for you to be active so that you can get access to these jobs as soon as they are posted.
- Take on tasks that have a high pay rate. In this case, the highest paying tasks are the hardest tasks to complete on the platform. The tests are even harder and it’s recommended for you to join the Remo task boot training camp to sharpen your skills.
- Gain as much experience as possible. When you get enough experience completing tasks in a certain category, you can become a reviewer. Reviewers on the platform look at and verify the work completed by the tasker. A promotion directly translates to a higher pay rate.
Conclusion: Remotasks Review – Is it Worth All the Hype?
Remotasks is a legit platform. The earnings may not be as much as your day to day job. However, it still puts money in your pocket.
The platform always pays its taskers on time. Regarding ownership information, the platform has switched owners a couple of times.
This does not mean that the platform is not legitimate.
I hope you found this review of Remotasks helpful.
Now I would like to hear from you going to give Remotasks a shot?
If you aren’t please let me know why in the comment section below.
Also don’t forget to share this Remotasks review with your friends and family.