A New Hope
- “I find your lack of faith disturbing” – So said the Dark Lord after appearing to be openly mocked by Officers on board the Death Star. Vader challenges one of them to a force choke competition and, naturally, he went first. It's arguably one of Vader's most famous quotes.
- “When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master“ – This was Vader taunting Obi-Wan, his Jedi teacher, and a former friend, just before he killed him in the slowest sword fighter ever.
- “The Force is strong with this one” – Vader was commenting on the skills of an X-Wing pilot that is trying to blow up the Death Star, not realizing he's trying to kill his own son.
The Empire Strikes Back
- “We would be honored if you would join us” – This was Vader mocking Han, Leia, and Chewie when the trap on Cloud City was revealed. It was perhaps the only joke Vader made in the saga other than the one he did as he chokes out Director Krennic in Rogue One.
- “I am altering the deal, pray I do not alter it any further” – Vader told Lando Calrissian exactly how it was from beneath his black helmet. Han was going with Boba Fett and everyone else belonged to Vader.
- “Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me” – Vader was praising Luke after he managed to escape his trap with an acrobatic flip.
- “No, I am your father!” – This line revealed one of cinema's greatest plot twists, as it became apparent that Vader was actually Luke Skywalker's old man.
Return of the Jedi
- “I hope so for your sake, the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am” – This was the end of Vader's pep talk with the Jerjerrod who has in command of the second Death Star. Was it a slight joke by Vader to encourage the completion of the battle station or merely a statement of fact?
- “Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for… sister. So, you have a twin sister. “
- “Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side… then perhaps she will…” – This taunt from the Sith Lord was perhaps not the wisest thing he could have done. While he was trying to enrage Luke enough to open the door to the Dark Side for him, he miscalculated and Luke finally bested him.
- In reply to Luke's “I'll not leave you here. I've got to save you,” Anakin says “You already have, Luke.”
Revenge of the Sith
- “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director.”
The Rise of Skywalker
The Emperor is a cruel master and we learned during this movie that he had been manipulating Ben Solo since day one. Snoke was a puppet clone that he had used to influence Ben and when Darth Vader spoke to him through the mask, it was Palpatine all along.
Here's the line in The Rise of Skywalker where he revealed this knowledge to Kylo Ren:
“At last, my boy. I have been every voice, you've ever heard, inside your head.”
This was superbly delivered in the film – the line begins with Palpatine and then turns into a mix of Darth Vader and Snoke's voices.
Best Quotes Darth Vader Said to Luke Skywalker
- “No, I am your father!”
- “Impressive, most impressive.”
- “That name no longer has any meaning for me.”
- “It is… too late for me, son. The Emperor will show you the true nature of the Force. He is your master now.”
- “You cannot hide forever, Luke.”
- “Sister. So, you have a twin sister.”
- “Tell your sister you were right” (as Anakin Skywalker).
- “You already have, Luke.”
Best Quotes Emperor Palpatine Said to Darth Vader
- “We have a new enemy: the young rebel who destroyed the Death Star. I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker.”
- “The Force is strong with him. The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi.”
- “If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally.”
- “It seems, in your anger, you killed her.”
Extra for experts: Trivia and Facts about Vader's Character and Inspiration for it
- 7 most tragic things about Darth Vader.
- 11 Urban Myths about Darth Vader.
- Just how did Darth Vader fulfill the Jedi prophecy?
- All you need to know about Darth Vader.
- Vader's costume was inspired by Nazi uniforms.
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.