- “Here we go again” – The Golden Rod himself, C3-PO from Return of the Jedi.
This line was Spoken by C3-PO just prior to the whole gang heading off to Endor AND when the attack on the Death Star begins, thus perhaps being a self-referential nod to the fact that destroying the Death Star was a trick used in A New Hope.
- “That’s no moon, it’s a space station” – Obi-Wan Kenobi, A New Hope.
And thus Obi-Wan observed the biggest threat the galaxy had ever seen. The Death Star was a pivotal feature of two movies.
- “I know” – Han Solo, The Empire Strikes Back.
Han Solo is about to be frozen in carbonite, the tensions between him and Leia surface in the form of affection, and seconds before his displacement, she declares her love for him.
In the original screenplay, Solo was written to respond with a generic “I love you, too,” but caught up in the character of Han Solo, and in true Harrison Ford improvisational fashion, he simply spouted “I know” with a cheeky grin.
This is a defining moment in the characterization of Solo and it just goes to show it isn’t all in the script.
- “There's always a bigger fish” – Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace.
When watching this movie, it's always funny to see the “let's pilot our small craft into this crazy tunnel full of sea monsters” scene – a tunnel in which there is, indeed, a “bigger fish.”
- “No. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try” – Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back.
We bet the guy who came up with Nike's “Just Do It” slogan was a huge Star Wars fan.
- “ Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering” – Yoda, The Phantom Menace.
Yoda was one of the few things that you couldn't argue was done badly in the new trilogy. And you cannot argue with this line from the little green guy, as so much suffering happened due to Anakin‘s fear of losing Padme in death…
- “I find your lack of faith disturbing” – Darth Vader, A New Hope.
- “I felt a great disturbance in the Force as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced” – Obi-Wan Kenobi – A New Hope.
Indeed, the Planet Alderaan was just obliterated by the Death Star when Obi-Wan forlornly spoke that line. His feelings were correct.
- “It's a trap!” – Admiral Ackbar, Return of the Jedi.
The much-loved line has been referenced countless times in recent years – shows like Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory have taken the quote to the next level so much so that “It's a trap” is one of the few Star Wars lines actually used by people to convey meaning in everyday conversation. In that sense, it's up there with, “these aren't the droids you're looking for.”
- “You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them” – Obi Wan, Revenge of the Sith.
How wrong was Old Ben? In one of the best moments of Revenge of the Sith, we saw Obi-Wan spill his heart out in pain at what his padawan learner had done.
Great line and a great moment in the Star Wars canon.
Funny how Vader was still the chosen one, eh?
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.