How to setup your own V Rising dedicated server? Here's your guide on hosting a server for you and your friends.
V Rising is the new smash-hit vampire survival game coming from the developers of Battlerite. The game invites players to take the role of a vampire in the land of Vardoran. As awaken vampires, players aim to hunt animals; feed on the living and fortify their own domain.
Most players also want to setup a dedicated server in V Rising to get more smooth gameplay. If you want to have a V Rising server that is active even if you are offline, have a look at our guides below.
How to host a V Rising dedicated server?
So how to setup a dedicated server on the vampire survival game? There are various ways of doing it. Let's dive in and find out.
- Download SteamCMD.
SteamCMD is one of the most commonly used methods by players. When it comes to running and setting up dedicated servers, most players go with SteamCMD as it free and convenient.
- Head to the official page of SteamCMD also known as Steam Console Client.
- Download the client and extract it onto your desktop.
- Click on steamcmd.exe in the folder.
- Wait for the client to download and update itself.
- Type in “login anonymous” without the quotes and hit Enter.
- Wait while the software logs you in.
- Type “App_update 1829350” without the quotes and hit Enter. The server will now download new files.
- Finally, type “exit” without adding quotes and exit from SteamCMD.
- Head to the following folder to view your server files:
- (C:)/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/VRisingDedicatedServer
After you complete this process, click on the start_server_example.bat to rename your server. You can also give a name to the world and the map you are playing.
- Configure V Rising dedicated server settings
You can adjust the settings of your server on VRisingServer_Data file. The file is located in the following address:
- (C:)/Program Files) Steam/steamapps/common/VRisingDedicatedServer/ VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings/ServerGameSettings
It is possible to change almost everything in your server on ServerGameSettings.json. You can adjust everything from max HP, value modifiers to damage variants.
The file below is called ServerHostSettings.json. This file allows you to set the port settings instead of gameplay adjustments. In order for everyone to join your V Rising dedicated server, you will have to complete the Port-Forwarding process.
- Here's how to set it up for your router.
- Hit Start+R on your keyboard and type “cmd“.
- Type ipconfig on the command center to view your IP.
- Make a note of your IPv4 Adress and Default Gateway.
From this point, you will need to set up port-forwarding on your router. We recommend you follow its unique instructions. After you complete this process, make sure that the firewall allows other players joining your server through the port.
- How to join a V Rising dedicated server?
Finally, click on VRisingDedicatedServer to run it for the first time. Open the game and try joining your server by typing in 127.0.0.1. Your friends will need to use the external IP of your system to join your server.
You can find out the external IP address of your PC by simply typing “what is my IP address” on your search engine. Most websites will show your IP address to you. Simply send them to your friends so that they can join your V Rising dedicated server.
- Hosting a local V Rising server
This is the easiest option if you want to play the vampire survival game with your friends: Here are steps to hosting your local V Rising server:
- Open the game and click on Play.
- Hit Private Game.
- Adjust the settings and the rules of the server. You can set a cap for players and set caps for clan sizes. As this is the control panel of your server, you can also add a password for yourself and your friends.
- Hit Start and complete the character creation process.
- Invite your friends to your V Rising server.
As you would guess, the server will go offline when you quit the game. So your friends will not be able to play without you. If another friend creates the server, you will not be able to join the server without them as well.
That's when dedicated servers come in handy. In a V Rising dedicated server, players do not have to depend on a host to join the server. They can enter and quit whenever they want.
About V Rising
There is no doubt that V Rising will be around for some time as it is in the early access period. But even though it is not in the full version, the game received more than 30,000 reviews on Steam. It also has a Very Positive rating on the platform.
While it seems like both the devs and the community is happy with the game's current status. As more and more players are curious about setting up servers for the game, we can say that V Rising is going to be a lot more popular this year.
Paul Rose Jr is the Editor in Chief of Wealth of Geeks & manages the Associated Press program for The Insiders network. He has worked as TV News Producer, Forensic Analyst, and Train Conductor, among many other things. He’s the former TV Editor for InfuzeMag and owns more books, DVDs, and comics than most people have seen in their lifetimes. When he’s not writing or editing on Wealth of Geeks, he exercises his creative muscle writing screenplays and acting in film and television in Los Angeles, CA.