Dumbbells are equally as beneficial as anything else. They can go up to a substantial amount of weight to overload the muscles, and they are underrated when it comes to developing the core muscle groups.
1. Start with both legs hip-width apart, toes forward, keeping your back straight, and a dumbbell in each hand. Palms should be facing your sides.
2. Take a big lunge forward, focusing on keeping your upper body straight.
3. Now bend both knees as you slowly lower your body and back knee toward the ground while keeping your back straight. Ensure your front knee is in line with the ankle.
4. Come back up and straighten both legs back to the start position.
2. Lift both arms 90 degrees to your sides (with weights still in arms), ensuring not to bend the elbows or swing the arms.
3. Pause at the top of the movement for one second, slowly bring both arms back down to sides, and repeat.