At the end of The Rise of Skywalker, Rey is pitted against Palpatine who has the spirit of all the prior Sith Lords within him. In contrast, Rey is the culmination of every Jedi.
A few of our favorite Jedi turned up in disembodied voices to encourage Rey, in her final steps. It was an awesome scene that sent chills down the spines of countless Star Wars fans around the world.
But what did the Force Ghosts say to Rey at the end of The Rise of Skywalker? That's what this piece is here to tell you.
Here are the Force Ghost quotes:
- “Rey, these are your final steps” – Obi-Wan Kenobi who was voiced by a mix of both Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness. Contrast this with – “first steps” in The Force Awakens during the Force vision Rey had when she touched the long-lost lightsaber.
- “Rey, balance the Force as I did” and “The Force surrounds you, Rey”– Anakin Skywalker voiced by Hayden Christiansen.
- “You are not alone,” “Rise” and “Feel the Force flowing through you Rey” – Mace Windu who was voiced by Samuel L Jackson, who returned to voice Windu for a final time.
- “Alone, you are not,” “Rise” and “Rise in the Force, Rey” – Yoda who was voiced by puppeteer Frank Oz, who returned for another crack at the beloved green guy.
- “Rey” – Ashoka Tano who was voiced by Ashleigh Eckstein, the actress who voiced the character in The Clone Wars cartoon series.
- “The light. Find the light, Rey” – Aayla Secura who was voiced in this movie by Jennifer Hale, a well-known video game voice actor (with credits including Halo and Mass Effect). Hale also played Bastila in Knights of the Old Republic. In the prequels, Aayla Seccura was played by Amy Allen.
- “In the night, find the light, Rey” – Luminara Unduli who was voiced by Oliva d'Abo. In the prequel films, Unduli was played by Mary Oyaya.
- “In the night, find the light, Rey” – Adi Gallia who was voiced by Angelique Perrin. The character was briefly spied in the prequels and also appeared in The Clone Wars.
- “Every Jedi that ever lived lives in you” and “We stand behind you, Rey” – Qui-Gon Jinn who was voiced by the brilliant Liam Neeson. Neeson also did a voice-over in Attack of The Clones where he calls out to Anakin, trying to stop him from massacring the Sand People as revenge for the death of his mother.
- “In the heart of a Jedi lies their strength” – Kanan Jarrus who was voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. Jarrus is the main Jedi featured in Star Wars: Rebels.
- “Rey, the Force will be with you. Always” – Some guy called Luke Skywalker who was (obviously) voiced by the iconic Mark Hamill.
We suspect the “lesser” characters of Aayla, Luminara and Galla were added to the Force Ghost roster to ensure there was a fair mix of females helping Rey “rise,” rather than there being just a bunch of dead men mansplaining things to her. Well played if that's the case, people behind The Rise of Skywalker.
This article was produced and syndicated by Wealth of Geeks.